Help with calories needed per day...

Options
Help: Ok i still think i'm doing this wrong. I did the calculator to figure out how many calories i'm burning this is what it gave me:

Caloric Need:
Estimated Base BMR: 1369 Calories.
Estimated TDEE: 2122 Calories.
Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1622 Calories.

So on the days i'm working out should i be eating the 2122?? cause if i am i think i been way under considering i'm nursing a baby right now. I am adding 300 calories a day currently to my 1300 but i'm not eating back any of my exercise calories. My diary is open if you can help.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    If your trying to maintain your weight you eat 2122 everyday. If your trying to lose you eat 1622 everyday (even days you don't workout).. then you add the extra calories for your feeding to these numbers. You do not eat back exercise calories if eating either of these numbers but you need to eat the full amount.. no saving 100's of calories cause it won't help you.
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nursing can burn up to 500 calories. Don't skimp on calories too much or you could lose your supply.
  • JENNIENS
    JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If your trying to maintain your weight you eat 2122 everyday. If your trying to lose you eat 1622 everyday (even days you don't workout).. then you add the extra calories for your feeding to these numbers. You do not eat back exercise calories if eating either of these numbers but you need to eat the full amount.. no saving 100's of calories cause it won't help you.

Awesome thank you! i wasn't eating enough.
  • JENNIENS
    JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nursing can burn up to 500 calories. Don't skimp on calories too much or you could lose your supply.

I'm already dealing with this :( i'm trying EVERYTHING to get it back right now.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Estimated Base BMR: 1369 Calories. - what your body needs to sustain itself if you were in a coma, simply to breathe and pump blood.
    Estimated TDEE: 2122 Calories. - what your body needs to do everything you do throughout the day, from breathing to digesting food to running errands to doing housework to working out. Eat this to MAINTAIN your current weight
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1622 Calories. - what some calculator gave you as a daily calorie goal to lose weight.
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea to eat your TDEE (2122 or even a little more) until you get your supply back up, then think about losing weight again.

I was a breastfeeding counselor for decades, btw. To get your supply back up, make sure you are eating enough, drinking enough water, and letting the baby nurse as much as possible. Switching sides more often can help, too, although you should let the baby take longer sometimes too, to get the fat-rich hind milk.

How's the baby looking?
  • takethatgirl
    Options
    i wanted to try lose 2lb a week but when i joined it defaulted to the 1lb a week how can i get back to so i can work my calories out