No weight change/increase day after gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I don't get the hate against scales. I think it's better to realize that daily weighing, or obsession with the numbers displayed is the issue.

If people were to measure themselves every day and make threads wondering why the inches aren't coming off, should we throw away measuring tapes?

This. If you don't obsess about the numbers, weigh yourself as much as you like. If you do, don't. Tada.
  • SarahYule1982
    Options
    Smaller people = smaller poos.
    I've done before and after and there's a big diff.
    Yum
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm like you in that I like to weigh daily and think the fluctuations are interesting. But I haven't noticed what you said, my weight is just up and down, up and down, without any pattern related to workout/rest days. :smile:
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I weight myself almost everyday, and always 100% naked. MY rule is to weight in after a #2 (and naked)...yup I poo and strip and weigh in....OR I weigh in right when I wake up after my morning pee, pre-shower, because I'm convinced wet hair would make me heavier on the scale. I almost always see the numbers going down following these really gross/weird rules. The only time it doesn't work is if, I haven't poo'd in a while, and sometimes before OR after OR during my period, I'll retain some water weight, but then I usually have a bigger loss when I pee that out.
    Ok. I'm done with all this sexy talk.

haha we got the same routine
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Smaller people = smaller poos.
    I've done before and after and there's a big diff.
    Yum

LOL!!! Not sure I agree with that - I'm fairly small these days but I can hang with the big boys!
  • johnhubbs
    johnhubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same here
  • md804
    md804 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS. And my boobies seem a bit bigger too! Now it's good to finally know why!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day to see how different things affect my body and weight. I record once per week. I think weighing daily actually helped me understand more about how things like weight lifting and sodium can show a gain that is temporary. As many have said I think that not allowing the scale to dictate how you feel about things is the key. It's a great tool for data collection. I too have a spreadsheet. ;-)
  • lizibame
    lizibame Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily too and simply write them on my calendar looking for trends. I, like you, don't really care that the numbers fluctuate only that I know what's going on with my own body. I however have noticed about a 2 day recovery on average after a hard workout. My lightest day tends to be friday after I work out really hard Mon-Wed, pilates on thursday and weigh light on fridays.

Oh and for whoever said wet hair doesn't weigh that much, i watched a friend of mine step on the scale with dry hair and back on with wet hair and there was a pound difference, it all depends on how much hair you have, long thick hair definitely holds water!