Midwest Exercises Need to Be Added

Options
jnissi
jnissi Posts: 45 Member
I just got done digging a drainage ditch to turn my driveway from a lake back in to some semblance of a drivable area. Of course I was going to log that on my exercises and when I looked it up, it wasn't there. ( I know, big shock 80 ) We need a Midwest exercise section on this site. LOL So, what exercises would you add? =)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't add anything. If you feel you can't do an additional workout, that's fine. If you feel hungry, I'd add in an extr 100-200 calories if needed, but I wouldn't log that as exercise for me.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    picking corn?
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I just got done digging a drainage ditch to turn my driveway from a lake back in to some semblance of a drivable area. Of course I was going to log that on my exercises and when I looked it up, it wasn't there. ( I know, big shock 80 ) We need a Midwest exercise section on this site. LOL So, what exercises would you add? =)

Hah! I'd add gathering branches from the trees that blew over in last night's storm, and walking from the furthest end of the parking lot to the entrance of Home Depot. Maybe in cardio? :wink:
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    From the thread title, I was kinda hoping this was going to be about cow tipping. Although I have to admit that I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and I've yet to tip a single cow.
  • jnissi
    Options

Hah! I'd add gathering branches from the trees that blew over in last night's storm, and walking from the furthest end of the parking lot to the entrance of Home Depot. Maybe in cardio? :wink:

LOL . I purposely put my exercise level at moderate so when I do big stuff like this I get to add it. It's kind of like writing something down on my to do list just to check it off. =D
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't add anything. If you feel you can't do an additional workout, that's fine. If you feel hungry, I'd add in an extr 100-200 calories if needed, but I wouldn't log that as exercise for me.

Do you normally dig drainage ditches by hand as part of your regular day? I suppose you have your activity level set to account for that so you wouldn't need to add it as exercise...better you than me :)

Items to add:
    Sandbagging is always fun in the spring
    Spelunknig
    Changing from shorts to a winter coat and back into shorts on the same day is good exericise too.
  • jnissi
    Options

LOL . I purposely put my excerise level at moderate so when I do big stuff like this I get to add it. It's kind of like writing something down on my to do list just to check it off. =D
  • jnissi
    Options
    From the thread title, I was kinda hoping this was going to be about cow tipping. Although I have to admit that I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and I've yet to tip a single cow.

haaa haaaaa. my brother did that in college. said it was pretty hilarious!
  • Gutter19
    Options

That is because you know it would ruin the cheese! :)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

^That

But you could log it under "Yardwork" or create your own if you wore a HRM and title it "Ditch diggin' - to hide the bodies"
  • Gutter19
    Options
    =)

Do people not know what this means???
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Walking beans, splitting wood and anything involving planting new crops or tending animals. I'd probably mark it as some sort of calisthenics but that could just be the lazy way out.
  • courtneyshell
    courtneyshell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    During winter, I definitely could use a calorie calculator for shoveling snow and scraping my windshield!
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    corn detasseling? walking beans? mullet grooming?
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    picking corn?

We have machines that do that. Although we DO detassel corn by hand sometimes.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    =)

Do people not know what this means???

If your from the mid west you do.

I would like to add chipping 3 inches of ice off my drive and shoveling off the roof. No not part of my everyday routine.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options

LOL . I purposely put my exercise level at moderate so when I do big stuff like this I get to add it. It's kind of like writing something down on my to do list just to check it off. =D

HAHA - I have soooo done that. Makes me feel like I have accomplished something.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    picking corn?

Ha ha ha, and soybeans.
  • jnissi
    Options
    you bet ! Shoveling huge piles of snow is some serious cardio
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ha! It's actually a good point. I know a lot of people don't log stuff like this, but I honestly have no clue how many calories that must burn! Absolutely that counts as exercise!