Do you gain muscle quickly? I'm not losing anymore...

Options
I have been going to the gym 6 days a week doing 45 minutes cardio (making sure I sweat) and then rotating arms and legs with weight training. I lost 9 pounds in the first two weeks but have not in the last two weeks (I have been at it about a month). I am logging my food honestly and it says that I should lose weight if I continue doing what I am doing but it's not happening. I haven't measured and feel slimmer but the scale says differently. I allow myself one cheat meal a week period which is usually just a piece of bread with dinner or a slice of pizza instead of a no carb dinner nothing crazy. I am getting depressed about it even though I feel great and more fit. Is it muscle? I know I need to push through as people are telling me I am building muscle and the weight will start to drop off in a couple weeks but it's hard when the scale isnt changing! errrrrr....

Replies

• KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary and let us see? That's usually the easiest way to get some help.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I do. I'm prone to gaining muscle vs losing fat. It's frustrating because my calves are getting HUGE because of my running! And I've always had fairly solid thighs and arms. So I really don't put too much stock in the evil scale. I go by how my clothes feel and how I look in them. I look like I weigh a lot less than I do....so I can't be too upset by that!
  • AradiaStone
    AradiaStone Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's muscle :) You should measure whatever areas you dislike and want to work on and check those weekly on top of weighing. That way when your not loosing weight you may be loosing inches instead. Also take a picture of yourself you will notice ALOT of difference in the toning of your body even when everything else is at a stillpoint. Don't give up! There is no way to succeed if you pull yourself to a stop. Keep your water up and your sodium and sat. fats down :) By the way you are doing friggin' GREAT! NINE pounds down!!! Go buy yourself something nice to celebrate that amazing success!!! WTG :)