Would you feel good 20 pounds down?

Options
I used to weigh 160 before I had my daughter.
I was 207 pounds when pregnant.
193 right after.
172 a week later.
And now I'm 176.
My goal is really 145 but when I look at my old pics i'm like "I'd love to be that again."
But then i'm afraid i'll get there and be like "****, im fat as hell."

I guess I won't know until I lose it.. ://

Replies

• williecruiser
    Options
    I have lost 20, and I can tell a diffeance, but want to lose 30 more. I started at 170, am now 150. Not 1 person seems to have noticed either. That sucks.:ohwell:
  • ClassicStyles
    Options
    When I look back at myself.. when I was 160, and then 175, and well, everywhere in between, I remember thinking to myself that I was so fat and I was in reality, pretty darn cute. Today, I am 225 and I wish I could be 175, 160, 150 even. If I am lucky enough to lose all these extra pounds that I am carrying around, I don't think I will ever be as insecure as I once was about my weight. When I lose this, I will make sure that I positively reaffirm how great I am... so I don't fall back into old habits. Note to self.. hold on to fat pictures..in case you begin to doubt yourself.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I hope so. I'd be in the normal range so I should feel good...but it all depends on how my body feels that light. I don't recall feeling normal....ever.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I bet I would notice. I can see right away if someone lost weight. I also believe people are jealous and don't want to say anything unless it is so obvious that you just have to say something. Like if you lose 50 pounds or more. 20 pounds is a huge difference. Especially is you are 170 and down to 150. Thats alot.
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes i would wow im like u i used to be very thin and now i just need to find somethin i can stick with
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I look back at pictures of myself and think, damn I looked good! But I can clearly remember thinking I was fat. I've lost 23 pounds, and I can see a difference now...and I've had people tell me they can see it too. I still have just under 40 pounds more to lose to get down to 155. The big difference this time though is, I'm exercising. When I was 155 before, I was out of shape. Yes I was a good weight, but I was a couch potato.
  • williecruiser
    Options
    Karintalley, thanks for making my day! :love:
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I hope so. I'd be in the normal range so I should feel good...but it all depends on how my body feels that light. I don't recall feeling normal....ever.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I think deep down we are all at lease a little self conscious, no matter what size we are. My wife is very thin at 114lbs, even so, she is very critical of her own appearance. I used to be thin, but I never really felt thin. It's very hard to remember where we have been relative to where we are.

To answer the question: I am 15lbs down, and I feel worlds away from where I started. Not only do I feel physically better, but I feel a spark back in my life that had faded away.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    20 pounds down and I would start maintaining. Finally. I would force myself to STOP with the calorie deficit. I would still lift though. :happy:
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I thought that getting to my highschool weight would make me look perfect and be happy with myself, but that didn't happen. I'm on my way to stopping the loss and working out more because the weight is no longer a problem, but my fitness level.. meh
  • torymichaels
    Options
    I'm 26 down from my starting weight and there's a big difference in how I look, even though I still have almost 100 to go. My face depuffed significantly and the pants that fit quite nicely when I start can now almost be taken off without unbuttoning them. I've reclaimed a bunch of shirts and a couple pairs of pants that I'd grown out of and am within about 10 pounds of getting a couple more shirts back into rotation.
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32lbs.. Personally, I don't think I look any different and I feel fatter than ever!
    This might be because of my ED but I feel better knowing I've lost some..
    Just gotta lose more!
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    I've been 25 lbs less before, definitely a "skinny" weight for my height but can't say I was any happier. But now that I'm heavier all I want is to see the numbers on the scale go down.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    When I was 255+ I thought it wasn't that bad, but now that I'm 165 I feel like I look like ****.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'd feel much better that's for sure, but still not quite there!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 22lbs. I started at 165. I can see a big difference. My family can see it. I have about 20 more to go. I can tell I am a lot lighter, especially going up the stairs.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I know that when I look back at old pictures, even going back to when I was a UK Size 10, or even thinner, I used to think I was fat. And I mean I remember my Mum saying to me "don't be so ridiculous, you're a size 10, you can't be fat!" I must have weighed in around 10stone (maybe less?) which is about 2 stone less than now...

I'd love to go back and give old me a slap. Tell her she looks gorgeous and that one day I'd kill to have those legs back!

Now, however, I'm trying to work out and do weights, so I think a lot of my "I'm fat" will disappear, because I've had to work for it, and I've toned up and got muscle!
  • flynnegan
    flynnegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    haha thats me!!! I was 12st 7 and said 2 stone would do me......10 st 7 comes and im like ya i lost weight but i dont really SEE it........9st 13 at the mo.....still feel i have more to loose, my goal is 9st !!! My friend lost a stone and a half getting down to 9st.....she was happy but said she felt another few pounds would do it...got to 8st 7.....she thinks 4/5 pounds more will do

Moral of the story as my husband would say...women are never happy hahaha i'm starting to think he may be on to something
  • jennbriere
    jennbriere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10 and at 172lbs and my goal weight would be around 145-150. I was at some point 160 (which is not even 20lbs) and there was a TOTAL difference!! I'm sure you will see a nice difference with 20lbs :)
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Feeling better but not seeing as huge of a difference as I'd like. I still have about 35 more to go yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!