Rude Ex-Gym Instructer...

I was a little bit limping because of my sprained ankle, when my ex gym instructor spotted me...he never commented anything about my weight loss...I left going to gym 3 months ago...whatever weight I have lost is because of treadmill and home exercises..he asked how I hurt myself, I said running when suddenly he said out of no where why I had been running at this weight(may be i looked still heavy) or was i running after a bus...I said a brought a treadmill and lost 14 kgs in 3 months working out and eating well..He was so rude...When I asked If he knew I could do some exercises without hurting my ankle, he asked me to "Just Enroll"....How Rude!!:explode:

Replies

• prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    :mad: :explode: :grumble:

Anyone has a similar experience??
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    :noway:

Someone doesn't like the thought that you're losing on your own and not wasting your money on an instructor. Behaving like that surely isn't the way to drum up business! Anyone can get injured at any size.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    What a jerk! He definitely doesn't deserve your business.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    He sounds like a huge jerk. Ignore him and keep doing what you're doing.

If you have a sore ankle, remember RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Personally, I never use compression, but resting, icing and elevating usually make it feel better. :)
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    You should definitely report him to the gym where he works. If you don't want to do it personally then maybe they have those Customer Comments cards that you post in a box that you can do anonymously?
  • debbiedoo1986
    debbiedoo1986 Posts: 17 Member
    i would definitely fight that. That is horrible. instructors should never judge you that way. they might be doing it to motivate you more but some instructors dont get the fact that they can go overboard. did you ever watch the biggest loser..uggghh they are soooo mean to them but it pays off cuz they lose so much weight at the end. thats why i can never really watch that show.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Please ring up his boss and take this up with them. I work in the customer service industry and would want to know if my staff was behaving that way. Ok he can be a jerk in his own personal time but not when he is working. He has no right to speak to you or anyone like that while claiming to be a professional. I'm sure he was as nice as anything when you were paying his wages. I would keep calm and just contact his boss to offer some feedback.

Good luck.
  • I'm no doctor but he is showing symptoms of MFP Jealousy! :laugh:
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    I love u guys...thanks for responding!:flowerforyou:
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    I'm no doctor but he is showing symptoms of MFP Jealousy! :laugh:

^^^this - and on here you are getting the best advice from experienced people for free!!

What a looser, and what a loss for him - your loss is definitely not his gain! lol :bigsmile:
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    You look fantastic. He is a jerk. Nuff said.