Zombie Run App

Options
Hey guys,

Anyone using this? Is it worth the cost? Which one is the best App?

Charity

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I am using the 5k training one...it was $3.99, I LIKE it...I think I will like the regular one better, which is $7.99...I am getting a new phone today, so I'm unsure if I'm going to buy the 5K training one or the regular one...it is fun, I love listening to the story as I run/walk...
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I have it and use it on days I feel like running but not on my 5k to 10K days. I like the structure of the Couch to 5K or the 5K to 10K programs better.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am using Zombies run!

I like it, I never really like running so this gives me more of a reason to do it I think I bought it on special after new years for 3.99
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I am so bored with my current exercise routine. I think this might spice it up. I'm hoping.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    It definitely will, the story is very engaging.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    It's only $8. And a lot of fun.
  • Technoboggan
    Options
    I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but after about 10 weeks of using our elliptical, with the weather getting nicer, I'm actually considering starting to run (my gods, who am I? I don't even know me any more!).

As a horror writer, I'm really drawn to Zombies, Run! in theory - is it something that beginning runners could use effectively (I've not run in years... okay, ever...) I'm up to about 35 minutes, 3-5 times a week on the elliptical (3 miles or so), so I'm not starting entirely from scratch.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    There is a fairly active group on here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6558-zombies-run-group that talk about and use and share ideas from the Zombies! Run app and the c2k5 Zombies! Run app.

Its great, well worth the money, esp because you get the second season for free if you buy the first season. Cant wait till its warm enough here to get back outside and do it.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to turn into one of those people who repeat themselves constantly...

Zombies Run and Z25K are AWESOME.

I've got three other people hooked on it in real life - and the whispers are that they tried it purely because they've seen the difference it's making to me - it takes the Undead to get me running anywhere.

It's like making yourself the star of your own Zombie movie with the greatest soundtrack ever (because you choose it).

I have never heard anybody regret trying it at all.

Just do it, and you'll suddenly have something weirdly in common with a lot of less 'traditional' looking runners. You know, the sort of person you wouldn't instantly think of as being a runner.

I can't recommend it enough.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Okay Guys. I totally did it. I got so bored with the other stuff, it was exactly what I was looking for in an app.

So funny story, I got the Zombie, Run 5K trainer. It was 1.99.

I started my mission and after it gave my mission directions, it told me to start and started playing music.

It actually went through my had, "Won't the Zombies hear the music."

I totally had fun.

Thanks Guys.