Weight Tickers...Why Did You Pick "Wt to Go" or "Wt Lost"?

Options
If you use a Weight Ticker, why did you choose "Weight Lost" or "Weight to Go"? I personally chose "Weight Lost," because sometimes I can be so busy looking at what I still need to do, that I forget to CELEBRATE what I've already done. I've also told MFP friends to change their starting weight to their highest weight, so the ticker reflects that. Even if you lost weight before you joined MFP, doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate it.

So why did YOU choose "Lbs/Kgs to Go" or "Lbs/Kgs Lost"?

Replies

• doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Same as you - it helps to see that I've made SOME progress, especially when the scale is being Evil.
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Weight lost because it shows my progress so far and to prove to myself I can do it and to keep going!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I have so much to lose, looking at it is daunting. So wt lost is more positive for me.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was oblivious when I created my account. Pure chance on which one I chose, but now I agree. I like tracking my progress, not how far I have left to go. Maybe when I get really close to my goal I will change my mind. Seeing 10lbs or less to go will be a good motivator to push to the end. :tongue:
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to have weight lost, but now have weight to go now that I'm over halfway there. According to the small area hypothesis, it's more motivating to think about the progress you've made so far when you have a lot left to go, but it's more motivating to think about how little you have left to goal when you're closer to goal.

Here's an article that probably explains it better:

http://www.babusinesslife.com/Ideas/Trends/Motivation-the-Small-Area-Hypothesis.html
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think for the start of a journey it is better to see the progress you are making.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I started with weight lost because actually losing some weight was the goal. When I got past half way I changed it to weight to go because the goal had changed to reaching my target.

I hope that makes sense!
  • Staysee7
    Staysee7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with Gail--adding that I mostly go by how my clothes are fitting. I haven't lost any weight this past week according to the scale, but my body feels stronger, I need a belt on my pants now, and the arms of my shirts are filling out
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine shows how much I lost, and where I plan to go.. :)
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    I am more of an optomist and like to celebrate the achievement rather than focus on what is left.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in where I'm going . . . not where I've been. What I've lost is in my past (and ultimately irrelevant to me) . . . what I've still got to lose is my present, and my future.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I used to have weight lost, but now have weight to go now that I'm over halfway there. According to the small area hypothesis, it's more motivating to think about the progress you've made so far when you have a lot left to go, but it's more motivating to think about how little you have left to goal when you're closer to goal.

http://www.babusinesslife.com/Ideas/Trends/Motivation-the-Small-Area-Hypothesis.html

I like this.

I started with weight to go but I got caught up in the whole "I only have 14 (or whatever) pounds to go" and lost some focus so I switched it to weight lost also because I may be going a few more pounds than I had originally planned to give myself a cushion for maintenance and room to eat at a surplus to build more muscle.

I will probably switch back when I get within 5 pounds of my goal.
  • NickFiedlerswife
    Options
    I chose wt lost cuz I love to see how many pounds my hard work has shed!! I also put on my starting weight and where I want to be cuz I am a visual person and want to see where my goal is!!
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I switched mine over to pounds lost a bit past the halfway mark as well. It is motivating to see how little is left to go now, at least compared to when I started. :)
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options

love this. When I lose another 10lbs, I'm totally switching :)
  • LOOKatSHAY
    Options
    I just want to see myself move closer to my goal. And I can't wait until my butt looks like this again. :0P
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started with weight lost because actually losing some weight was the goal. When I got past half way I changed it to weight to go because the goal had changed to reaching my target.

I hope that makes sense!

This - and because I don't really know my goal yet. I've never met myself the way that I want to be.
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Same as you - it helps to see that I've made SOME progress, especially when the scale is being Evil.

:laugh:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    : I chose weight lost because I can always change the "weight to go" if I think I should go lower. Don't think I will but its an option
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    If you use a Weight Ticker, why did you choose "Weight Lost" or "Weight to Go"? I personally chose "Weight Lost," because sometimes I can be so busy looking at what I still need to do, that I forget to CELEBRATE what I've already done. I've also told MFP friends to change their starting weight to their highest weight, so the ticker reflects that. Even if you lost weight before you joined MFP, doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate it.

So why did YOU choose "Lbs/Kgs to Go" or "Lbs/Kgs Lost"?

Sort of the same idea as you. I want to see how far I've come and my "goal weight" is not set in stone. I'm more about feeling better and liking the way I look verse how much I actually weigh, although being a healthy weight would be nice