Options
Anyone have suggestion for curing this hangover that is ruining my day...bleh

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Anyone have suggestion for curing this hangover that is ruining my day...bleh

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Time is the only cure for a hangover, sorry! Drinking lots of water helps a bit I find... try taking a nap too! good luck!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an advice job for Shannon.

Sorry you are feeling so crummy.:frown:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    drinkin water.... or havin a beer. lol
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    Sounds disgusting, but pedialyte works wonders. I try to drink it before I go to bed, so I don't wake up w/ the hangover, but it works well the next day, too . =)

A pedialyte, two excedrine tension headaches and a red bull... Or, if it's possible, just start drinking again!! That works WAY better
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I make a banana smoothie with milk and honey. The banana settles your stomach and the honey raises your blood sugar level. Then drink lots o H2O after that to re-hydrate yourself. I don't like taking headache meds, so this has always worked well for me.
  • richardwelch
    Options
    please dont take your typical OTC analgesics: they all state that they are bad for your liver/ kidneys if combined w/ alcohol. I did the advil diet for years after a long night of partying, only to later find out I was just making it worse on my body. Putting meds in just gives your kidneys/ liver MORE toxins to have to process and over time COULD damage them...

I know its just a disclaimer, but I would rather be safe personally
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Banana, water, and aleve works for me. (I know that its bad to take aleve after drinking, but I'll do anything to stop a hangover.)
    naps help too.

Sorry about the hangover! I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • DebaDoIt
    DebaDoIt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Never thought about that. Very good point.

I like to drink a big glass of ice cold CocaCola and follow that with a couple of glasses of water, the remote and the TMC classic movie channel. Good luck! :drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Water... for every drink you take, you lose about 4x as much water. Beyond that... well.. only advice I can give you is drink top shelf alcohol, haha. (Not being mean, higher quality alchol is run through charcoal filters which removes particles and impurities - these are the things that usually give you a "bad" hangover besides dehydration)

Sucks though, Hope you feel better :(
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Excederin Migraine for me before I go to bed....and well not good for the diet but ummmmm :devil: cheeseburger or ummm pizza :devil: but well I think the banana thing mentioned above will be what I try next :bigsmile: Sleep, water, tea(antioxidants help), sleep, sleep, sleep water, excederin, sleep...or much quicker...have a beer or two :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    hair of the dog... I've been told. personally.. I can't bring myself to have one the morning after.

:heart:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Take a little walk and get some fresh air. It will be hard to begin with, but you'll feel good after.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF ICE COLD WATER AND MORTRIN..... :bigsmile: