no time tonight.....

So I have been tracking my calories for almost 2 weeks. does anyone have healthy "fast food" options. I work today and we have to meet with a builder right after work. My husband and daughter want to stop for a bite on the way home. Any recommendations on healthy options that can please them and me? End all, I can just delay and eat dinner really late and have a healthier alternative at home.

Anyone been in these type of situations? TIA!

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Subway isn't too bad. Get mostly veggies. Or if you're really in a pickle, just get a small sandwich/burger from somewhere with no fries or soda.
  • LadyPoni
    LadyPoni Posts: 20
    I have to deal with this most of the time. What I did was, snack a little. Order kids meal, count the fries with the max of 5-8. No soft or sweet drinks, that's explain why I always bring my water bottle or order distilled water. For those fast food, you might wanna skip their sauce if they really bothers you. Just make yourself less than half full, head home later. Grab some small snack to complete your dinner.

Firstly, you are fueling in small amount, which is good for metabolism.
    Secondly, you won't feel guilty for having those fast food.
    Lastly, you don't feel lousy for waiting or starving.

We gotta enjoy our diet :) It's alright to "cheat" on such situation once in awhile. :drinker:
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Chick-fil-a grilled chicken salad and then we get an extra grilled chicken breast on the side (no bun).

Total is about 280 calories.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    I probably eat lunch out once a week at work. You can make a solid choice pretty much anywhere if you're careful. Most places have a grilled chicken salad option, just be careful with dressings and other toppings. Subway or another sandwich shop can be good if you load up on veggies and skip high-calorie sauces. Chipotle or similar places, get a naked burrito and skip the rice and put lettuce on the bottom (basically a salad) and load up on grilled veggies, salsas, chicken, and beans if you want.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Also, try to pick a place ahead of time and scope out the nutrition info online before you go and decide what you want. This can be SUPER helpful; takes away any surprises and impulse ordering.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    i lke subway but if you need a drive thru, mcdonalds has their calories on the menu now. I like their salads
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Wendys salads.... they have a great website to check out calories and macros. The chili is a great option as well.. around 200 for a medium and 300 for a large.. very filling.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Subway if you need something really,really fast.

If you have a few minutes to sit down, I would go to Chipotle.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I tried one of the new McWraps last weekend. The sweet chili chicken is very yummy and only 360 calories (grilled, not crispy). The other two flavors (again, grilled, not crispy) are a little higher in calories but the highest is 440.

Subway's always a good bet, just skip the mayo/sauce and/or cheese to keep it low fat/cal and pile on the veggies.

I'd recommend going to the websites for whatever else you might have for fast food in your area. Most of them have nutritional info now so you should be able to make an educated decision before you go.

P.S. The deli section of your local grocery store might be a good place to stop too. Cruise the salad bar, many have sushi bars now, grilled chicken pieces, half quiches, etc.