Any other post-op WLS people here?

Options
Hi all!

I am brand new to MFP, I am 2 years Post-Op from a weight loss surgery called Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. I do nto have a bypass. My surgery was for restriction only. I have always been a volume eater. I was wondering if there were any other post-ops here still struggling to lose the last bit of weight. I have lost a significant amount, Started my journey at 367lbs, currently 235. I am up 20lbs from my lowest weight since surgery and I am pretty mad at myself. Old habits die hard, and have a way of resurrecting themselves. Figured I'd try MFP out and get my *kitten* together :) Would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation.

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I had my VSG a little over a year ago. I still have about 20-30 lbs to lose. My loss has really slowed down the last 2 months--it was very steady & now it stays the same for a couple of weeks & then will drop. I joined MFP right after the surgery, but have recently been using it more just to make sure I am not sabotaging myself with a little of this & a little of that. It's amazing how quickly things add up & how easy it is to backslide. Don't give up--you've done so well!
  • Estrella30
    Estrella30 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am a future Sleever! In the works of getting surgery approved by insurance and am looking for more Sleever support in preperation of my new lifestyle :) Please add me all! I was previously on mfp to no avail so i am going for the reset button now. Very exciting I must say. Any tips?
  • mbhmac76
    mbhmac76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had the sleeve done December 4, 2012! I love it!!!