up 2 pds and stuck need advice

Options
ok i am feeling not so wonderful this week. I'm up 2 pounds and i seem to be frozen there all week i have been watching the scale obsessively hoping to see them go away i don't think i have done anything bad with my diet, so why the gain and not loosing? any advice on how to get myself moving again? i have started exercising the last few days but anything you guys can tell me i am feeling like i am loosing this fight.

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    u just started exercising, which is a change for your body to adapt to. stop obsessive over the number and start having some patience! you didnt gain weight overnight, u wont lose weight overnight either. relax!
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Keep working out, your adding muscle which weighs more - this will even out and you will drop. Also use a tape measure and measure yourself, watch the numbers go down! Also there are tricks like eating cantaloupe at bedtime to loose water weight. (you will be up peeing several times during the night) I use this to break a stall. Stick with it!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Keep working out, your adding muscle which weighs more - this will even out and you will drop. Also use a tape measure and measure yourself, watch the numbers go down! Also there are tricks like eating cantaloupe at bedtime to loose water weight. (you will be up peeing several times during the night) I use this to break a stall. Stick with it!

Sorry, you are not adding muscle, its nearly impossible, especially as a female, to gain muscle while eating at a calorie deficiet. And a pound of muscle weighs just as much as a pound of fat - it just takes up less space, so yes indeed use a measuring tape. And what is the point of 'tricks' to lose water weight? It's water weight, it will go away.

You will retain water when you first start working out as your muscles need it for recovery. Patience. Put the scale away. Get out the tape measure. Drink water. More patience.
  • hrmom26
    hrmom26 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thanks guys patience is soooo not my strong point lol