Still crave something - what can I do?

Options
I "want" to eat something - anything - everything. I can't seem to calm down the cravings. Really started watching what I am eating Monday and was cruising til today. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Eat something? Try to eat higher protein, fill up on veggies, make a smoothie and get your fiber! No need to deprive yourself of all the yumminess. ;)
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Keep a bowl of grapes or baby carrots or something else like that with you. You can pretty much eat as much of that as you want and be fine. It works for me, at least.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    drink whiskey.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    check you're eating enough calories, because if you're not then hunger and cravings will catch up. (there's a thread "in place of a road map" that explains how to do that)

if your calories are fine you're just wanting foods because you're denying yourself them, then try to fit them into your calorie goals in small portions
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    Nature valley crunchy granola bars!!! It's 190 cals a pack comes with 2 bars in a pack and I eat one and drink some water and I'm full for a surprisingly long time
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    The first week can be difficult. I often want to eat even though I'm not hungry...I just want food! I just remind myself that I won't reach my weekly goal if I steer from my food goals for the day. You just have to constantly focus on your long-term goal. If you are hungry, eat. Just make low calorie choices if you feel the need to snack a lot.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can see your eating habits if you want real help.

My cravings stopped when I took sugar and bread out of my diet, and pretty much am sitting all day with a 64oz jug of water to down between meals. I don't eat breakfast and only get hungry at 11am, the time I always go to lunch at work.

Not for everyone, but it's stated all over that your insulin levels make cravings worse whether you're undereating or producing too much with your current diet.
  • SassyLass
    SassyLass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The first week can be difficult. I often want to eat even though I'm not hungry...I just want food! I just remind myself that I won't reach my weekly goal if I steer from my food goals for the day. You just have to constantly focus on your long-term goal. If you are hungry, eat. Just make low calorie choices if you feel the need to snack a lot.

YES! I am not hungry. I guess my mouth and brain want some food to munch on, but my stomach says - ENOUGH! I guess I should say it is more psychological.