sodium ??

Options
hiya only on day 4 of starting my healthy eating..

my stats today on sodium are total 837..... daily total 2500 ....remaining 1663... but all bottom figures are in green, so I think that's good.

please help, im useless lol

many thanks

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    hiya only on day 4 of starting my healthy eating..

my stats today on sodium are total 837..... daily total 2500 ....remaining 1663... but all bottom figures are in green, so I think that's good.

please help, im useless lol

many thanks
    Sodium is a daily limit, not a target. Most people don't bother to track it. I do as I had hypertension (now controlled through weight loss and diet).
  • njking73
    njking73 Posts: 10
    Options
    ok cheers, so is it all just meant to be in green. for good day or just eat the calories :)
  • Davis911
    Davis911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Exactly what Fred said - Sodium is a max, and thrive for no more than 1500mg if you can. I track mine pretty closely as well especially since my last appointment said I had mild hypertension. I also don't hang on to a lot of excess water like in the past.
  • njking73
    Options
    many thanks
  • travishalogod
    travishalogod Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually don't even worry about sodium unless im trying to cut down and lose water weight.. but I don't have any health issues with hypertension or heart disease.. The only thing I will warn you about, is if your sodium levels are too low and you are working out like mad, your electrolytes will go off balance and you will feel really weird until you fix them.. if it gets severe, you can end up hospitalized, though rare..
    Just pay attention to how you feel if you are keeping a super low sodium diet, like under 1000g.
  • njking73
    Options
    thanks, not working out a lot, usually 15min on bike, 5 times a week... just going on calorie counting on here and getting all green figures.

only on day 5, but loving this app
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The less sodium the better. Your heart and arteries will thank you. Congrats on keeping your sodium so low, I have a hard time with it cause it is hidden in everything I eat.
  • njking73
    Options
    many thanks