I lost 11 pounds using Wii Fit Plus

:wink: I'm a newbie. I lost 11 pounds using Wii Fit Plus. I have been using Wii for 73 days doing all the crazy little activities. I was really amazed when I started losing weight. Now I want to add myfitnesspal to my weight lost program. I need plenty of friends and support. Please add me to your friends list.

Replies

• hi! I just bought my friend's wii and wii fit with balance board.. its not the wii fit plus though... do you know the difference? I will definitely add you as I am going to play around with it this week.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Wow impressive! I have the wii fit plus and I would love to know which of the activities and how long you have spent doing them, to achieve 11 pounds?

I have been using this site seriously since January and found the support and information brilliant! We could compare notes so please add me.
  • ravenwork
    ravenwork Posts: 37 Member
    Wii Fit Plus is better.

It adds some good additional exercises, mostly balance stuff, but some fun aerobics too. I wish it had some added yoga and strength exercises too, but it doesn't.

For me, the biggest improvement is the My Routine feature. You can combine any of the yoga and strength exercises, and as many of them as you want into a personal routine. Then, the software goes right from exercise to exercise without pauses or delays for checking the balance board. It's a huge time-saver. It isn't as customizable as I would like, but it really makes for better work-outs.
  • miaotiaox
    miaotiaox Posts: 13
    That's really cool! I have a Wii balance board but I never used it. Several years ago, I lost a ton of weight playing DDR. Gotta love the combination of games and weight loss!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    I've lost 63lbs and with the exception of walking, all of my exercise has been with the Wii Fit Plus or Wii Active More Workouts! I have a bad knee and I have been able to do a lot of things with the Wii without bothering the knee and actually, my knee has improved immensely since I started.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Hmm, it has been awhile since I had that out, but I use my Wii almost everyday. Lately, I have been using mostly EA Active and Zumba.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I'm in love with my Wii, and for those who have a balance board -- use it as your scale. It's super accurate, and the graph is awesome.

The sweat mode on Just Dance 3 is my favorite calorie burner.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    I love the Wii games as well, very fun way to exercise, imo! :) You should also give the Zumba games a go, they are my favorite so far. I have the Zumba Fitness 2 game with the belt and I usually do that for my cardio days! :)
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    I've lost 63lbs and with the exception of walking, all of my exercise has been with the Wii Fit Plus or Wii Active More Workouts! I have a bad knee and I have been able to do a lot of things with the Wii without bothering the knee and actually, my knee has improved immensely since I started.

Your knees probably appreciates the 63-pound weight loss too! I've read that every pound of weight you carry exerts 8 pounds of pressure on your knees.