Body by Vi

Options
NewTnme
NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
I want to know is anyone on this site tried Body by Vi shakes for wieght loss or maintanence and had success?
Please let me know, good or bad. Thanks in advance:happy:

Replies

• tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money or your time, it's a big fad and a perfect way to lose lots of muscle mass. It's basically starving yourself but only consuming shakes. The nutritional content of them is horrible.

Eat at a deficit and use protein powders to get more protein in. They are cheaper than the Vi shakes and much better for you with higher protein amounts.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both tried Body by Vi. I'd say don't go there. Neither of us lost weight. The only positive was his blood sugar did respond well. But, he said he was starved to death all the time. I found that I was hungry all day too. I do much better eating high protein meals. I'm sure they've done well for some, but for us it isn't worth the money that we spent. We gave what we had left over after 6 months to our son-in-law and daughter. They make the shakes occasionally. But, more just to use it not for weight loss.
  • burkhart_h
    burkhart_h Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on the shakes now for breakfast and I tried to do one for lunch as well but I would get light headed and was so hungry by supper time I was eating anything and everything I could get my hands ON! So I now just have one for breakfast and a light lunch and a light supper. I however havent lost any weight in over 3 months but have lost 8 inches. I got mine from a friend for half price or I wouldnt of ever wasted my money to buy them because once I am done with them I wont be buying anymore. I say dont waste your time or money either.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The shakes aren't magic - they simply create a calorie deficit, causing you to lose weight.

You can achieve the same results with less food.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a quick fix - it won't work - at least not for any longer than you are using it.

If you're looking for an addition to an already healthy diet / exercise program - it can work. I know many figure / bikini competetors that use it as well as some everyday joes - but they are all using it as a supplement.

Personally, I think protein powder is just as effective & less expensive; but i hear the vi shakes have more nutrients (as in they would be better for an actual meal replacement).

I don't think it's a fad, i just think too many people market it as a mircale shake, when really all it is is another form of nutritional shake.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    ANY program has success if followed. It's what happens after you get off the program. I detest companies that use MLM strategies to sell products though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Visalus Sciences is a MLM company and there's no such thing as a cost-effective supplement that these companies sell. To maximize profits because so many people are in the revenue stream they skimp on the quality and jack up the price. In this case you're dealing with cheap soy being the primary protein ingredient.

http://graemethomasonline.com/visalus-body-by-vi-ingredient-evaluation/

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Thanks again. I have a freind who was successful with the shakes. I think Im gonna give it a try and see where it takes me. Look for my success story:happy:
  • bneitsch
    bneitsch Posts: 1
    Options
    You should Try Shakeology. Its actually healthy and not make with Dairy like V Shakes.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Fad diet. It only works because it's low calorie if you follow it the way they intend. Tastes alright but pretty boring to drink your meals. You can save a lot of money and just use MFP to track calorie intake while you eat real food. I don't think any one of the shake diets are any better than the other. None of them teach you to eat properly so there's a good chance you'll just gain the weight back if you don't intend to drink them for life.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Thanks again. I have a freind who was successful with the shakes. I think Im gonna give it a try and see where it takes me. Look for my success story:happy:

BAHAHAHA good luck with that

It's clear that you were only trying to promote them ( probably just got recruited to sell them) and you are clearly ignoring the negative feedback comments your got....

Enjoy your weight..... no scratch that.... muscle loss !!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money or your time, it's a big fad and a perfect way to lose lots of muscle mass. It's basically starving yourself but only consuming shakes. The nutritional content of them is horrible.

Eat at a deficit and use protein powders to get more protein in. They are cheaper than the Vi shakes and much better for you with higher protein amounts.

I have a friend selling them and she talked me into trying them. While the flavor is pretty good - they are expensive, low in protein compared to other brands and didn't do a darn thing for me. I currently have two bags I'm trying to use up as a supplement to what I already eat just to help me meet my protein for the day (I'm actually mixing 1/2 BBV & whey to get close to 18g). Once I'm done with what I have I'm going to be looking for a new protein shake. If I'm going to blow $60 for protein shakes I at least want it to have a significant amount of protein.

Good luck with your plan though.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHA good luck with that

It's clear that you were only trying to promote them ( probably just got recruited to sell them) and you are clearly ignoring the negative feedback comments your got....

Enjoy your weight..... no scratch that.... muscle loss !!

seriously. not a single person said it was a good idea. thanks for wasting space on the message board.
  • shelliereneebug
    Options
    I am currently using Body By Vi products and I LOVE THEM. I have had great success with this product. It allowed me to loose the weight and get to the point where I could do physical activities. I work out and now and feel AMAZING. I use BBV for maintaince but really I LOVE drinking the shakes and I end up drinking two a day somedays. I mean you can change the flavors and what you put the mix in. You can drink it and eat it. People say "Are you going to dink he shakes forever?" I chuckle and then ask them back "Are you going to eat food forever?" The shakes provide great nutrition to our bodies. This product also is simple - no thinking required, no number counting, no keeping track of foods. You drink 2 shakes a day, eat one meal and have reasonable snacks inbeween meals. No reading a lable and counting points or calories. It is something that has kept me on track and focused. I have lost over 60lbs and I intend to NEVER find it again. I wish you best of luck!!
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Well Im back only after 1 week. I was not trying to sell any shakes, as a matter of fact I did not agree to have a party to promote the shakes unless I knew it would help curb my appitite. Non the less I began getting headaches so I stoped taking it and I am sending the rest back. You guys are right I could buy other protein powders with more protein that are still relatively low in cal. Sometimes I just get bored with the everday counting and trying to eat right, excersizing, so I try different things. I really enjoyed reading your post. Opinions can be very awesome emotions. I love MFP :drinker:
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning you were going to send back your product. I have a box I haven't even opened so I think I'll contact the company & send it back for a refund. At least it's worth a shot. Did they give you a hard time?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Well Im back only after 1 week. I was not trying to sell any shakes, as a matter of fact I did not agree to have a party to promote the shakes unless I knew it would help curb my appitite. Non the less I began getting headaches so I stoped taking it and I am sending the rest back. You guys are right I could buy other protein powders with more protein that are still relatively low in cal. Sometimes I just get bored with the everday counting and trying to eat right, excersizing, so I try different things. I really enjoyed reading your post. Opinions can be very awesome emotions. I love MFP :drinker:
    Do it right for life. Try kickboxing, it's a great stress reliever not to mention calorie burner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    This product also is simple - no thinking required, no number counting, no keeping track of foods. You drink 2 shakes a day, eat one meal and have reasonable snacks inbeween meals. No reading a lable and counting points or calories.

So, my question is, what has this product taught you about eating healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle? I am excited for you that it worked and you lost so much weight. But, part of being able to keep weight off and maintain the healty lifestyle is learning what you were doing wrong in the first place that got you there. Obviously you are not going to drink these shakes for the rest of your life, so once you are done with them how do you plan on maintaining your weight loss? Do you know what foods you were eating that you thought were healthy and actually were not? If you do not read labels or count calories or anything like that, then how would you know what is really good for you and what is not?

That is my problem with products like this. They do not teach you anything at all. So, you stop drinking the shakes and pile the pounds right back on. Good luck in the future, but I beg you to ask yourself the questions I just asked you. Then tell me what you think.
  • twinsmom7602
    twinsmom7602 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I must be the only one who had a good outcome with them, lol.

I drank them only for breakfast, had a snack mid morning, a healthy lunch, a mid afternoon snack, a healthy dinner and then a late night snack. I lost 11 lbs. I LOVE the taste, I add fruit, veggies, yogurt, etc to add the things the label lacks. The rude comments made to make the OP feel crappy were not needed, IMO. It's called trial and error. To each their own!!!
  • twinsmom7602
    twinsmom7602 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    And no I am not promoting them, nor have I lost muscle! Pffffft!