Erm... 7.5lbs in a week? o.O

Options
Hoookay... Oddest thing to happen to me in the last 5 weeks. Before I log it, I need advice.

Usually, I weigh myself every day or every other day... but I don't "weigh in" until Mondays. This week, I decided not to weigh in on my usual day because I felt extra fat and bloated… I didn’t want to be discouraged, so I skipped it until yesterday. When I stepped on the scale yesterday, I had dropped 1.4 pounds in a week. Awesome :D However…. I had a bit of a stomach upset this morning (not going into TMI things :P) and decided to weigh myself after it cleared up… And found that I was 6 pounds lighter than yesterday, or 7.5lbs in a week.

I didn’t believe it. LOL I stepped off the digital scale, pressed my foot to it to zero it out, stepped again and it was the same – 6 pounds lighter. Still didn’t believe it, so I took out the batteries and put them back in, lol… Stepped on the scale, 6 pounds lighter.

So, do I weigh in and count it as a victory? Or do I stay dubious and wait for the scale to tell me in a week that it was a lie? Bear in mind, I’ve eaten twice today already, so it’s not for an empty body (though the stomach upset probably has something to do with it…?)

Thoughts? :D

Replies

• phoenix7039
    Options
    I typically lose about 1-2 lbs per week for a couple weeks, then have a week where I lose very little, nothing at all, or even gain. Then the next week i drop 4+ lbs. Body chemistry, water weight, reactions to certain foods, or just a great week. Accept the nice surprise and just be prepared next Monday in case you had dropped a bunch of water weight and put a little bit of it back on. Either way, you're on the right track so enjoy!
  • jessiwebb
    jessiwebb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! :D I logged it just now... turns out it was 5 pounds from the last weigh in (I suck at any math, clearly, lol). But, hey, you're right - I should enjoy it!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time. Sometimes several times in one day. I only record when I hit a new low. The scale will never tell you that you weigh LESS than you do, however many factors can cause it to tell you that you weigh MORE. Record it, be proud.