1580 left!

Options
Ok so i ate all day and did great....then worked out tonite...leaving myself with 1580cals left.....what in the world do i do now!

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    :/ um... do you have any ice cream? lol.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Almost the same thing as me today - guess I exercised ALOT. I have been snacking all night - banana, string cheese, hummus. Done now - got it down to 750 left!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Eat some of them tomorrow. That's what I do.

I go on a 4-5 hour bike ride every Sat and then swim 2 miles every Sunday and there is no way I can eat that many calories in two days so I eat some of them on Monday and Tues. and it evens out.

But I'm in maintenance. When I was losing, I ate how my program told me to and ignored what MFP told me to do so it was all moot. :laugh:
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Well, personally I really only believe in eating if you're hungry - something that I've had to teach myself to do. Your body should tell you if you need fuel. I wouldn't feel there was any great urgency to consume those calories back!
    I sometimes find that I have hundreds of calories left over but I don't feel any great need to eat them for the sake of it. Also, if you're going inputting the calories burnt totals for exercise from MFP, I'd watch out. They are WAY higher than the figures given to me by my pedometer and elliptical trainer. For example, MFP will say I've burned almost 300 calories for an aerobics session, but my wii will say just under 200.

Maybe eat a banana and some nuts to refuel?
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    i hope i start loosing again! I haven't lost any weight in fact i gained 6lbs...but today is the 1st day i've eaten well and worked out! really hoping for a great loss!
  • eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Here is what I use.

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/

It all depends on your weight and how hard you worked out. My elliptical says I burned just over 200 calories when I do 30 min, but I weigh much more than the average person they were prob figuring on (my elliptical does not ask for my weight) and really I am more like 400 calories.

I saw one person suggest peanut butter, nuts, avocados to eat up those left over calories :)
  • gregayle
    gregayle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    sleep now! that way you won't think about it. then when you wake up tomorrow morning, you'll be so much in a calories deficit that you will be able to cheat a little. Think of it as AT&T roll over minutes. hehe!
  • NicolaGoodyear
    Options
    personally i dont eat excersize calories,i eat my 1200-thats it if i go over a little i wouldnt worry especially if ive worked out,if im simply not hungry and i have calories left from my 1200, i wouldnt eat,i agree with what the guy said earlier on here only eat if your hungry..this has worked for me but may not for some people. ;-)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I am getting increasingly concerned on this Site regarding the advice given to eat junk food to make up the calories. That is pure madness and is exactly the thing that the vast majority of people trying to lose weight are trying to get away from!

Somebody mentioned above if you are not hungry don't eat, your body will let you know. YOUR BODY WILL LET YOU KNOW. Never a truer phrase spoken.

Lots of people do not eat their exercise calories and do just fine!
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater so I have to force myself to eat sometimes. I did just a couple hours ago, had some toast and jam. I try to eat at least 2000 calories everyday, most days it is easy, today it was hard. I wasnt hungry and mostly snacked all day. I had a deficit of 900 calories on top of the 1000 to lose 2 lbs a week. Its not a good idea to eat poorly, but dont deny yourself some small pleasures if your diet can handle it.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I am getting increasingly concerned on this Site regarding the advice given to eat junk food to make up the calories. That is pure madness and is exactly the thing that the vast majority of people trying to lose weight are trying to get away from!

Somebody mentioned above if you are not hungry don't eat, your body will let you know. YOUR BODY WILL LET YOU KNOW. Never a truer phrase spoken.

yeah, me too.

I saw in the other thread that the OP should eat fruit with sweetened, condensed milk, or graham crackers and peanut butter.............I was thinking, WTH?!?!?! Don't eat processed foods.

If you are going to continue to feed your body crap, you will never make the lifestyle change and in the end you will not keep the weight off.

I am merely speaking from experience.
  • eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options

yeah, me too.

I saw in the other thread that the OP should eat fruit with sweetened, condensed milk, or graham crackers and peanut butter.............I was thinking, WTH?!?!?! Don't eat processed foods.

If you are going to continue to feed your body crap, you will never make the lifestyle change and in the end you will not keep the weight off.

I am merely speaking from experience.

condensed milk! that makes my stomach churn to think about! yikes