What is going on here!?!?

Options
Ok all. I am new to the site although I am not new to this weight loss journey. So far to date I have lost a total of 138 lbs (2 since joining MFP). My problem is that I have lost my boobs (good and bad news) My thighs are less jiggly ( but TRUST me they still jiggle LOL) and my arms no longer wave by themselves. BUT when is this stomach going to GO?? When I was heavier it was EXACTLY the same size it is now! So instead of the shapely larger hourglass girl I was I am now the Kinda skinnier apple shaped girl I am now! What can I do to get it to go away??? I have 38 lbs to go to reach my goal and I am certain that 20 of it is on my middle and my lovely corn nibbles (as I call them) on my back. :laugh: Please HELP! any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    Wow. I honestly have no idea what to tell you. That might just be the last place that you take weight off from. Have you tried sit ups and crunches and stuff like that?!?
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It will probably be the last to go. Guess Sit-ups are in order - and lots of cardio (but you are probably already doing that. Hey - congrats on your huge weight loss!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I lost from the top down (except the boobs, they went 2nd to last). I even got bony on top. You could seem my ribs and my spine but I still had fat in my tummy and thighs. So I kept on losing until I got to a good weight for me.

Then, once I went on maintenance, the fat continued to move around. I got some back in my upper body -- yes, even the boobies! -- and continued to lose it in the tummy and thighs even though the scale stayed the same weight. So now you can't see my bones any more and my thighs and tummy are good too.

Of course, I still have all that loose skin, but, short of plastic surgery, nothing's going to change that!
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1st - Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss so far!!! I took a look at your profile and you indicate that you are in a stressful, chaotic situation. The human body under chronic stress produces too much cortisol ( a hormone secreted by our adrenal glands) and the body responds to that by distributing fat around the middle/abdomen area. (Much written on this topic - Google). The body type is in fact described as an "apple", I've also seen it referred to as "lemon on tooth picks". Just a thought about the possibilites! Consider the benefits of meditation because our hearts & our minds can bearly tell the difference between THINKING we're being chased by a bear vs actually being chased by a bear - either way - our bodies respond by producing stress hormones. :wink:
  • gregayle
    gregayle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    sounds like you've got only a few to lose. have you ever tried INSANITY? That will get you the abs in no time - 60 days to be exact. Research at www.808topshape.com.
  • fabmst
    fabmst Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a co worker that does this, but I don't have the upper body strength to do that yet. Jillian Michaels is still kicking my butt. LOL.
  • fabmst
    Options
    1st - Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss so far!!! I took a look at your profile and you indicate that you are in a stressful, chaotic situation. The human body under chronic stress produces too much cortisol ( a hormone secreted by our adrenal glands) and the body responds to that by distributing fat around the middle/abdomen area. (Much written on this topic - Google). The body type is in fact described as an "apple", I've also seen it referred to as "lemon on tooth picks". Just a thought about the possibilites! Consider the benefits of meditation because our hearts & our minds can bearly tell the difference between THINKING we're being chased by a bear vs actually being chased by a bear - either way - our bodies respond by producing stress hormones. :wink:

Yes I know that my job is really doing things to my body. Hair loss, break outs and a host of other things I never experienced before working here. Right now I am on the search, but we know how the job market is right now. I continue to loose, but I refuse to let this job stunt my efforts. I will have to set aside some to meditate or do something for me to keep me on track. Thanks:wink:
  • fabmst
    Options
    Wow. I honestly have no idea what to tell you. That might just be the last place that you take weight off from. Have you tried sit ups and crunches and stuff like that?!?

I sit up and crunch like a CHAMP!! LOL. I can feel those amazing abs under there but they are hidden by this yucky tire on my middle. It's a bit discouraging.
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Congratulations on your success. 138 lbs lost is just amazing! As for your tummy...there is a saying someone told me years ago: "First on, last off." This may be what you are experiencing. Keep up the great work :)
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    This is my 4th serious weight loss journey and each time I lose it in different places. Usually the hips and thighs are the last to go while I lose it in the stomach and boobs first. This time it is totally different. I'm losing the lower half more then the upper half. So I pull out old jeans and while the legs and hips are roomy I still can't button them comfortably. I know that by the time I can do that they will look too baggy. Frustrating. So I don't have an answer but I feel your pain!!
  • fabmst
    Options
    I lost from the top down (except the boobs, they went 2nd to last). I even got bony on top. You could seem my ribs and my spine but I still had fat in my tummy and thighs. So I kept on losing until I got to a good weight for me.

Then, once I went on maintenance, the fat continued to move around. I got some back in my upper body -- yes, even the boobies! -- and continued to lose it in the tummy and thighs even though the scale stayed the same weight. So now you can't see my bones any more and my thighs and tummy are good too.

Of course, I still have all that loose skin, but, short of plastic surgery, nothing's going to change that!

YES! YES!! That pesky loose skin. What shall we do about that? I can live with it and I know that some of whats on my middle is just loose skin. I wouldn't even mind if I had to tuck it in my new size 11 jeans, but I still get that yucky muffin top and it's not because my jeans are too tight. I can see my bones now. My son looked at me one day and was like "Mom what is that on you?!?" LOL I ran to the mirror expecting to see a growth or a bruise. I said "Honey those are mommy's collar bones. " LOL.:laugh:
  • fabmst
    Options
    This is my 4th serious weight loss journey and each time I lose it in different places. Usually the hips and thighs are the last to go while I lose it in the stomach and boobs first. This time it is totally different. I'm losing the lower half more then the upper half. So I pull out old jeans and while the legs and hips are roomy I still can't button them comfortably. I know that by the time I can do that they will look too baggy. Frustrating. So I don't have an answer but I feel your pain!!

Thanks. I understand about the pants. I never had thighs and now I can't go down a pants size b/c of them. Not complaining b/c I always wanted nice thighs, but man I just want the rest of me to catch up.
  • fabmst
    Options
    WOW!!! Congratulations on your success. 138 lbs lost is just amazing! As for your tummy...there is a saying someone told me years ago: "First on, last off." This may be what you are experiencing. Keep up the great work :)

I hope and pray this is true. Thanks :smile:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    138 pounds lost??? WOW! That is an inspiration! I hope I can do that too!

I think there is something to that stress hormone/tummy fat thing. Try to destress and keep working that cardio. It will come off! Have you ever talked to a personal trainer? Maybe they could give you some suggestions. I know they're expensive, but you can usually get the first consultation/workout for free. Keep us posted!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The place you gain first is where you lose last. For me, my thighs. I lost my belly and sides first, then my boobs, and now finally my thighs are going. That's just how it works. Have patience and keep working hard, it will go!
  • fabmst
    Options
    138 pounds lost??? WOW! That is an inspiration! I hope I can do that too!

I think there is something to that stress hormone/tummy fat thing. Try to destress and keep working that cardio. It will come off! Have you ever talked to a personal trainer? Maybe they could give you some suggestions. I know they're expensive, but you can usually get the first consultation/workout for free. Keep us posted!

You can do it! I never ever thought I would ever be under 300, 250, 200, but here I am heading into 170. Baby steps. :bigsmile: