Im about to max out Planet Fitness!?!?!?!?!

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Whats shakin beautiful people of MFP! before all you Internet ninjas jump on me let me make it clear..............Yes my tan is natural and awesome AND I have a Bench and heavy steel at home:bigsmile:

With that being said. I was lifting at PF last night and realized Im about to max their weight out! Meaning.......
Their heaviest dumbell is 60lbs
IM now curling 60 lbs (and shrugging with 60 lbs eint cutting it)

The Heaviest the cable row stacks is 260.....
Im just about there...

Im not even gonna talk about the Smith machine or Leg press........(hence the steel at home)

Soon all im gonna be able to do there is the Dips, Pull ups and cardio......:drinker:

Has this happened to anyone?????

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have no experience in this maxing out, but it sounds to me like you need to dump your gym and find a new one :wink:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I went home and ate a pub burger and a side of sunnyside up egg!:devil:
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    time to start toning and hit those weights for sets of 25-30.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    LOL! I think you should notify PF immediately so they can set off the lunk alarm! Seriously, join a real gym. :drinker:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    LOL! I think you should notify PF immediately so they can set off the lunk alarm! Seriously, join a real gym. :drinker:

LOL !!I know right! I have been lunked a couple of times.............One time doing pull ups!?!?!?!? wtf!
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Please tell me what "lunk" means!
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Also, Beerrunner, you live in Chicago right? You have NO excuse for not using a REAL gym. There's like one on every corner.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I went there on a Monday and tried to max out on the free pizza.............................then the lunk alarm sounded.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Also, Beerrunner, you live in Chicago right? You have NO excuse for not using a REAL gym. There's like one on every corner.

Oh no worries Babycakes..........the real steel and bench is in my basement!!:bigsmile:

And yes there is gyms all over this town.
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options

Oh no worries Babycakes..........the real steel and bench is in my basement!!:bigsmile:

And yes there is gyms all over this town.

So, if your "Real Steel & Bench" are in your basement.... what's the purpose of this Topic OP!?!?!?
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Oh oh WOnder woman coming in all pachanga style! Its all good babycakes dont hate.:bigsmile:
    Im merely poitnint out something I noticed.
    Thats all.
  • Blossom447
    Options
    I use to be a member of PF but they really are just for those that generally lift and do cardio - I would have to agree with others and say dump PF and find a new gym that's geared more for what you're looking for.

And, yes, I was lunked a few times... one time for BREATHING to loud while I was lifting! WTF!!! Sometimes they are just stupid about it...
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was a member of PF for all of one year. It helped me get through the winter as I trained for my first full marathon (strength training and treadmills). Thankfully, I have a free membership to a state-of-the-art gym here at work so I didn't rely on PF for "real" workouts.

I agree that their equipment is nothing close to what you would find at Gold's Gym. Real equipment with lots of loose weight options and racking options.

I closed my $10 membership simply because I couldn't be a member at a gym that served pizza and sheet cake at the entrance. No thanks.
  • Lupercalia
    Options
    Oh oh WOnder woman coming in all pachanga style! Its all good babycakes dont hate.:bigsmile:
    Im merely poitnint out something I noticed.
    Thats all.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lupercalia
    Options

LOL !!I know right! I have been lunked a couple of times.............One time doing pull ups!?!?!?!? wtf!

How did you get the lunk alarm for pull ups? You must have been grunting like a champ! :laugh:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

How did you get the lunk alarm for pull ups? You must have been grunting like a champ! :laugh:

Yeah...Was doing pull ups till failure....last 1 or so I grunt!! Apparently I grunted wayyyy tooo loud!!! :bigsmile:
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    time to start toning and hit those weights for sets of 25-30.

OMG, THIS!! ^^^
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    planet fitness's comercials put me off them I would look for a better gym
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Golds.
    Problem solved.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    One Life & PF are the two "affordable" gyms round me.... so freaking sad, but I'm starting my weight sets @ home... :devil:

At least my PF has DD's up to 75lbs, but I feel ya bout the leg press - already @ 300.... and I think I can only stack one more set of 45's on the silly thing

Wish Gold's was still around (close or bought by One Life)