Help me speed up my weightloss!

Options
Hiiii

I have lost 26lbs since 4th Jan when I started so just under 2stone.
I'm getting married in 15 weeks so I am about halfway through and my goal is to lose another 2 stone by then.
I lost 13lbs in the first month but since then it seems to only be 1lb a week, when the MFP plan is supposed to help me lose 2lbs per week...
Now I'm running out of time as in order to get to my goal weight I need to lose 2lbs a week.
I'm exercising and following the plan (I'm on 1200 cals a day) but it's not coming off??

Can anyone give me some tips/advice to speed upmy weightloss or explain why this may have slowed down?

Thank you :)

Replies

• lqrch
    lqrch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training.

Google is you friend if you search on the above.

HIIT will kick your metabolism into overdrive.
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes do any cardio in HIIT form, that means go slow, fast, faster, slow, fast, faster repeat.
    Also add 2-3 full body weight lifting sessions, this will sculp you as well as help lean you out.
    If it's a strapless dress, pushups will do wonders for your arms, shoulders and back.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    you have stopped losing weight because your body is adjusting to you not feeding it enough. It is now holding on to it's energy resource (fat). You must be eating at least your BMR.

And a side note. I understand you have a big reason for losing so fast but if you don't lose correctly you will just gain it all back very quickly.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    1lb\week is the healthy amount of weight to lose for most people.
  • morag89
    morag89 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for your help - FYI I haven't actually posted my stats and so yes I do need to lose another 30lbs MrM27. I am also aware that 1lb per week is the recommended amount to lose, however I did ask for tips on how to increase this to 2lbs per week so if anyone can offef advice regarding this please do - thanks again
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Low carb (around 20g carbs a day) is a fast way to lose weight.
  • morag89
    Options

Thanks I was thinking this might be a reason as I have found that if I eat bread then I am usually a few ounces heavier the following day (I weigh everyday which is bad I know, but it does help me keep track of foods which affect my weight) thanks for the help
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help - FYI I haven't actually posted my stats and so yes I do need to lose another 30lbs MrM27. I am also aware that 1lb per week is the recommended amount to lose, however I did ask for tips on how to increase this to 2lbs per week so if anyone can offef advice regarding this please do - thanks again

With only 30lbs left to goal, trying to lose more than you should will increase the amount of muscle you lose along the way. Too high of a deficit increases muscle loss. Should you try to lose more than you should, bump up your protein and lift heavy weights to try and preserve muscle mass. Losing muscle will make you look bigger than your weight says you are.

You are going to be under enough stress in the coming weeks without having to worry about trying to reach your goal by than. I remember the weeks before my wedding and how busy and hectic things were.

For best weight loss I would still set your goal at 1lb per week... no more than 1.5lb (even that is high). The smaller you are the harder the weight is going to be to take off.

Having a smaller deficit and lifting HEAVY weights will help the look of your body more than the scale will show.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Thanks I was thinking this might be a reason as I have found that if I eat bread then I am usually a few ounces heavier the following day (I weigh everyday which is bad I know, but it does help me keep track of foods which affect my weight) thanks for the help

but be prepared to land right back where you are when you start eating carbs again.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Low carb will make you lose weight quicker but it's not all fat weight... a lot of that weight is water weight. Low carb, especially that low will cause you to gain weight back once you start eating normally again.

For the breads... bread won't make you gain weight unless your total calories are over. What you eat one day may not always be the reason why you see a gain or a loss the next day. Weight changes for a lot of reasons other than what you eat day to day.
  • bryoun2
    bryoun2 Posts: 11
    Options
    My mom was telling me that eating a lot of spinach was supposed to help people on a plateau. I know you're not at a plateau, but it could help.

Good luck!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    More calories will give you more energy to burn.

Eat More to Move More and you WILL Lose More.

1,200-1,400 is not enough your metabolism will slow down and hinder weight loss.

Consume 1,500-1,700 calories and bust your Butt and you will lose more.
  • Morningmania
    Morningmania Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I notice a significant difference when I cut my daily carb allowance in half, cut my daily sodium in half, stay away from dairy, and drink lots of water (100 ounces). Working out every day is also a key ingredient for me.
    You will be surprised at how much sodium you are eating in process foods.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    PM me to remind me to send you a diet :) sister, father, mother have all lost 5kg within a week.. Great for once off not so much long term dieting.. but totally worth it :)
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I do not recommend for long term success, but if your only goal is to lose weight as fast a possible and you don't really care about a nice sculpted physique. Then, get yourself in a ketonic state and keep it there for 2-3 wks., you'll lose weight fast. BUT : Be prepared to have little to no energy and you will feel like (shall we say) dog doo doo. It will work, but also be prepared to gain it back as soon as you start eating normally again. It's basically the first 2-3 weeks of an Atkins diet. I did this years ago, just to see how my body would react. Lost 14 lbs in two weeks. Didn't workout (exercise) had no energy.

Here most likely why you slowed. 1. headed for a "stall-out" It would be my guess that only 90% of the population should be on a 1200 or less cal/day plan. Without going into biological function/detail, when you limit your caloric intake your body will lose weight (muscle and fat) at a faster rate. When your body begins to adapt to the lower calorie intake, it begins to slow down the burning in order to conserve energy (fuel). This is most likely why you have gone down to 1 lb/wk loss. Next will be a stall-out period where nothing is lost.

I do recommend continuing your exercise program with HIIT and heavy lifting. Don't worry about the scale if you do this. You will develop (not add new) the lean muscle you already have. Your waistline and BF% will begin to drop and your physique will look totally different in 15 weeks. You may not lose the entire 30 lb. but it will look as though you did.

Your choice, and congrats on the day! Good Luck!

edit: Here's and excellent link for TDEE-20% if your set up correctly, you'll have much greater success. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm
  • morag89
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone I really appreciate it.

Obviously my main goal at this moment in time is to lose fast, but I do want to carry on losing after the wedding as even if I do lose 30lbs by then I will still be overweight.

Most of the feedback from you guys is that I'm eating too few calories - I'm confused as this is the amount yhat MFP has told me to eat?
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I believe in good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise, particularly strength training.

However, if you are in a pinch, try Dr. Ian Smith's Fat Smash Diet. It's rather difficult to follow because it's very restrictive in the beginning. I lost 6 pounds in phase one which is 9 days. My friend lost 10. It was likely mostly water weight, but it was still gone. Just promise me, with whatever 'diet' you decide to follow in your effort to drop weight fast, that you will be smart about getting into HEALTHY habits after your big day.

I suggest you slowly up your calories (100 more each week) until you reach a healthy reasonable number. There are many online calculators. Try eating 20% less than your TDEE made up of lots of protein, healthy fats and healthy carbs. Do some form of strength training to maintain your muscle mass so that the weight you do lose is mostly fat.

Edited to add: Energizer06 is correct. Strength training will transform your body and will look a lot smaller than the scale indicates.

Congratulations on getting married. Good Luck.
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im starting a bikini Bootcamp 4/22 if you would like to join.. I have a private facebook challenge page you can find me on there www.facebook.com/ultimateresultsfitness