seriously think I am quitting this!

Options

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Think of your current mindset. If it isn't working now, gastric bypass isn't going to fix it. Your head has to be in the game first. Bypass and any other weight loss surgery is a TOOL, and is NOT a CURE!! If you truly want to lose weight, you're going to have to learn to eat right regardless of whether or not you have surgery, so why not learn to control those compulsions by seeing a therapist instead of wasting money on unneccessary surgery?

Fix your head, and the body will follow.
  • AndreaNoel
    AndreaNoel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you have been on MFP for very long (Jan 2013) and you have already lost around 20 lbs. - that's amazing! I have been a member of MFP for 3 years now and I didn't lose any weight (actually gained weight the first 1 1/2 years of logging) until I had my daughter and got serious about things. I have had many days at work when I thought everything was falling apart, but a few days away from everything taught me how much I really need this. This you can control. Work stuff you can't always control. Whatever you choose to do, do it well and brush off the little things. It'll all work out. Good luck!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Your health and this BS situation with your so-called 'friend' are two totally different things. Take this opportunity to learn to separate. And so what if you binged a little? That's not going to hurt you as much as you think it will. Put it behind you and start over. With your current way of thinking, this 'friend' has not only messed up your business and ruined your day, but also your health goals. You are giving this person far more power than he/she deserves. Don't quit this! Quit and fire that horrid 'friend'.

"You haven't failed until you quit trying"

" You can't control the actions of others, but you can control how you react to them"
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    And forget the negative posts. You need postive or you wouldn't have posted. If you choose banding in the future as a TOOL then go for it. But I believe we can all DO THIS on our own. Hang in there. Get through this mess and betrayal you are experiencing and move forward. Better days lie ahead...
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    Had a horrible day! One of my employees who was also a personal friend has been caught stealing off me. My business has lost £900 this month.

Spent all day rowing with people...in stinking mood.

Have been bingeing non stop from noon.

Think this is over....never going to lose weight....will have to save my pennies for a gastric band instead

Yeah, ok. So do you think the people who have lost a significant amount of weight through dicipline, commitment and hard work allowed outsiders to control them? Ive considered gastric as well, but then realized, its pointless. Yes, People have results. but are they good results? the weight loss is so fast they almost always have extra saggy skin they didnt tone because they figured "meh i dont need to exercise because i have the lap band!" exercise is more than just losing weight. For me, it means my heart is healthier, my lungs are stronger and my body as a whole is fitter. Dont try to take the "easy way out" because quite frankly, there is no easy way to lose weight.

Keep a positive outlook, find your determination. Find your motivation. FInd your strength and you'll be able to continue. This is the most important thing you can do for yourself. Like i said before, dont let anyone or anything stand in your way. You got it!

(edited because i had more thoughts!)
  • Daym53091
    Daym53091 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who has suffered from binge eating disorder I can tell you that you CAN DO IT. Life throws stuff at us. We can push throw it. We all fall down sometimes, but we can get back up. Tomorrow is a new day. Wake up and start over. Don't give up. When all of this blows over, the fact that you gave up will become clear in your head. If you ever need to talk feel free. X
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! You'll hate yourself even more for quitting. Chalk today up as one of those 'really bad days' that happen to everyone., take a few deep breaths and start again tomorrow. A week from now you'll be s happy that you stayed the course. Stay strong and good luck!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    So how do you plan to handle the dietary restrictions required after gastric bypass? If you have a bad day, are you going to eat your way into the hospital?

Stop-Making-Excuses.jpg
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Don't quit trying to get healthy. Quit punishing your body for bad **** that happens outside of your control! How is punishing yourself going to change reality? Bad **** happens either way!

Give yourself a break. Get back up and get going. Do it for yourself and don't let anyone or anything take it from you!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If you quit, I quit. Let's go!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Had a horrible day! One of my employees who was also a personal friend has been caught stealing off me. My business has lost £900 this month.

Spent all day rowing with people...in stinking mood.

Have been bingeing non stop from noon.

Think this is over....never going to lose weight....will have to save my pennies for a gastric band instead

Sounds like you need to take the rest of the day off from logging and get back on track tomorrow.
  • butterfly3703
    Options
    Decide what you want right NOW or what you want MOST. Nobody knows but YOU.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    Yup, you should definitely just give up...

tumblr_mcx5h7co0I1rnvwt1.gif
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yup give up!
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! We all have good times and bad times. I'm trying to get out of a rough patch also. Just push through it and try to get back on track! <3
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If you let other people's behaviors effect yours, then you have lost already. Take a deep breath and move on with your day.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Giving up on a commitment to better health because you had a bad day is like giving up on paying your mortgage because you had a bad day. It's just one way to add more bad on top of something bad, and that's really silly and counter productive. Hang in there and focus on things you can control, until stuff calms down a little.
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    I so hear you...I've had a pretty bad string of crap lately myself but what I've done is tell myself I have to eat every day anyway so I might as well make good choices and keep eating healthy even though I really want to bury myself in chocolate. I know I'd feel worse if I ate like a pig and had a string of lousy situations to deal with also.

Don't give yourself any more reason to feel lousy....eat, make good choices, and carry on. This too shall pass.

Good luck!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Glad your starting again. Every day is a new start. Today is a new day and that applies, same tomorrow and so on! X
  • chrisg1962
    Options
    well if you quit, no one else is going to do it for you...suck it up Buttercup...fire the thief, stop fighting with the rest and put down the twinkie...go chase someone around the block...or not...your call...lol