Grocery shopping

Options
Ok so i am going grocery shipping after work today... i am a HORRIBLE shopper when it comes to healthy foods. However also, i have a husband who is skinny as a rail who eats nothing but junk food and remains skinny, and a toddler who eats whatever he can get his hands on. With that in mind i feel like i have to shop for 3 seperate people and that can get pretty stressful. I would really like some help with this. Can someone please name a few items for each meal that i should consider getting... like 3-4 things for breakfast lunch dinner, and snacks. Id really like the help!!! Thank you

Replies

• SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can find some common foods that you can all eat and enjoy. Here are some staples in our house:

Breakfast & Snacks:
    Eggs
    Whole wheat bread or Sandwich Thins
    Oatmeal
    Natural Peanut Butter
    Greek Yogurt (Great in smoothies or with fruit and/or granola, and also as sub for sour cream)
    Fruit
    Almond Milk (I use for smoothies & cereal)
    Cottage Cheese

Lunch & Dinner:
    Beans (I buy dry ones and cook in crockpot then freeze leftovers)
    Quinoa or Brown Rice
    Chicken
    Tilapia
    Veggies
    Baby Spinach or Lettuce
    Potatoes
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    I personally meal plan then make my list around that.

For example, my husband and I make baked bbq chicken. Then I would add chicken breasts, bbq, potatoes (or brown rice), and some sort of vegetable like broccoli or green beans.

There have to be some common meals that you and your husband can eat, even if it's just tweaking one little thing. My husband LOVES cheese on all of our mexican dishes but I just go without it. It's not a new meal and it's healthier for me.
  • Mama_Burkhart
    Mama_Burkhart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can find some common foods that you can all eat and enjoy. Here are some staples in our house:

Breakfast & Snacks:
    Eggs
    Whole wheat bread or Sandwich Thins
    Oatmeal
    Natural Peanut Butter
    Greek Yogurt (Great in smoothies or with fruit and/or granola, and also as sub for sour cream)
    Fruit
    Almond Milk (I use for smoothies & cereal)
    Cottage Cheese

Lunch & Dinner:
    Beans (I buy dry ones and cook in crockpot then freeze leftovers)
    Quinoa or Brown Rice
    Chicken
    Tilapia
    Veggies
    Baby Spinach or Lettuce
    Potatoes

Thank you that will help me out alot!!!