Hi - new beginning

Options
I joined MFP about three weeks ago and have really been amazed at how differently I am viewing what I eat. I'm 37 years old and have been trying to lose weight for all of my adult life. A year ago January, I started cracking down when I realized that I was getting older and if I wanted to have a child, it needed to be sooner rather than later. I started working out and between Feb, 09 and Nov, I lost almost fifty pounds but then the holidays hit and bit by bit I began to gain. I gained back around 13 pounds. (Anyone else get completely derailed by Thanksgiving and Christmas??) I tried really hard to start losing again but I just wasn't having the same success as last year. I met someone at a party that told me about this site. I am sure that this will help me get started again - at least I hope so!!! I was able to fit into a pair of size 14 jeans from NewYork&Co on Sunday. I honestly have no recollection of ever fitting in a 14 before. That was very exciting! Wouldn't it be amazing to go into any store and feel pretty confidant that your size will be there?!?

Replies

• lisacherrone
    lisacherrone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i know exactly what you are talking about!!! i am down 72 lbs, and ready to hit the 100s, one lb to go!!!! i cannot wait to go shopping, and just pick something up where ever i feel like it! the nice thing is, i have skinny jeans from old navy, that i worked hard to get into, now they are baggy in the seat!!!! good job on your weight loss!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the shopping lark. I am going shopping later on for a dress and for the first time in years I am looking forward to it, usually I go shopping, pass the first pub, turn around and venture in, only to leave a few hours later - with no shopping, but a light head! It will be different today :laugh:
  • ZeeCee72
    ZeeCee72 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm fairly new as well and I absolutely LOVE this site:smile: Please feel free to add me as friend if you like..I'm trying to build up my support system:laugh: ...WAY TO GO on getting into size 14 jeans at New York & Co! I remember shopping there years ago..I miss them:sad: ...just kidding... I'm not worried about it... I know I'll be back there again perusing soon enough:happy:

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou: