I remember why I hate exercise...

Options
This is aside from the runny nose, mouth breathing, shin splints, and side stitches...I never liked to exercise in correlation with dieting because it makes me RAVENOUS. Which then makes me want to grab something quick and easy to eat which is NEVER something that is healthy choice. It's generally something greasy and fried and cheesy. BUT...I'm not going to give in to this urge. I'm going to go home at lunch and either eat a turkey sandwich on multigrain bread or cook a swai filet with some steamed broccoli.

Replies

• MadisonLeo
    Options
    I understand about the time it takes to prepare something healthy. That is why I always have trail mix on hand or an apple and peanut butter has saved my life more often than not lol.

Baked eggs are also delish and only take about 15 minutes if you don't mind a softer yoke. Just pop them into a bake safe ramekin or glassware, add whatever you want - veggies, meat, cheese, then bake at 350 degrees. OMG so good and full of protein.

Eating as raw as possible is the easiest way to get food fast. Fruits and Veggies.

Chicken breasts and salmon also cook relatively quick. 17-30 minutes tops.

It will be worth it!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I had to learn to take a healthy snack with me (fruit, protien bars, raisins, nuts..). If not even if I made it past the fast food, I'd overeat when I got home. I keep protien bars in the car in the cooler weather, but when it heats up I swing into the grocery on the way home and get a banana. Sure they look at me strange when I buy 1, but it works for me. Then I can go home and make something without wanting to chew my arm off. Good luck.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Try lifting weights. Unless you're going way over your calories, I think it's pretty reasonable to skip the cardio.

Water also makes you full, so bring a large jug to work if you can and have it between meals.

Protiens and fats also have that satiety ability. I rotate through different types of meats/vegetables and spice them up like crazy with different combos so I never get bored. Just normal ol' boring steamed vegetables makes me want to bang my head against a wall instead of eating what I should.
  • sjenkin6
    sjenkin6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm actually developing an addiction to exercising. But that might have to do with my recently quitting cigarettes.

Does anyone have any tips as to what a decent daily meal plan should look like? I count my daily net calories and usually consume too little. I've downloaded this app quite a while ago but just started really using it less than a week ago. So any advice and friend requests are greatly appreciated.11055939.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ditto on the protein and fats (the good ones!), they help me feel full. keep a snack handy. also, a bit of peanut butter has also worked in a pinch!
  • ravenwork
    ravenwork Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the pain of restarting my exercise, so I can relate. My sides are full of lactate, and they are stinging. It's my fault for laying off so long.

Keep at it, exercise works, and it gets better with time. I know from experience that my aches and pains will be replace with feels of energy and pleasing muscle tone.

Don't ruin your hard work with cheeseburgers and french fries! You will win this battle!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one my body hates movement! Leg and foot pains are a constant companion.

What helps me is to eat dinner (my biggest meal) before I exercise. Also take it easy.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I keep a shake cup with some mix in it in my gym bag (unless I just washed the cup, then in a baggie in the bag) so that I'll always have a post work out snack and I won't forget it. I gotta put new clothes in the bag, put a new shake in too.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is aside from the runny nose, mouth breathing, shin splints, and side stitches...I never liked to exercise in correlation with dieting because it makes me RAVENOUS. Which then makes me want to grab something quick and easy to eat which is NEVER something that is healthy choice. It's generally something greasy and fried and cheesy. BUT...I'm not going to give in to this urge. I'm going to go home at lunch and either eat a turkey sandwich on multigrain bread or cook a swai filet with some steamed broccoli.

I'm reminded of how I felt back when the recomendation for exercise was only 20 minutes of cardio. I used to get on the bike at the gym and say under my breath IhatethisIhatethisIhatethisIhatethis...

I'm embarrassed, but I still don't heart exercise. It's not essential for weight loss. You might want to do something like take a brisk walk for an hour every day while focusing on restricting your calories. When you get your weight down you can always focus on strength training and more rigorous cardio then. Losing weight is sufficiently stressful that you don't need to make it worse by forcing yourself to run if you really aren't into it.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Um.... why do you think exercise = cardio?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm not OP but ....

Dear guy saying lift weights...I DO lift weights and that makes me more hungry than cardio hehe!!

I find that a protein shake immediately after workout satiates my ravenous beast long enough to make a healthy lunch or dinner.

Occasionally I will work out a double class (IE Power than core or power followed by a light zumba for fun) and I have like half a Gatorade chew and it seems to pick me up.

If I'm going to a morning class I wake up early enough for a very light breakfast. That also helps. With most of my classes/gym time 5:30-8:30 P:M I either eat a heavy lunch and light dinner after OR I will make sure I have a snack an hour before or so.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Um.... why do you think exercise = cardio?

3oxvyy.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You could just buy some protein bars to have as a snack until you can make yourself a healthy meal. I eat two a day as a snack. Zone Perfect is my favorite!
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    Keep going, even if you are eating more exercising will make you feel better regardless :)
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Weight training is fun you bunch of wankers :P
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of planning for me. I make sure I'm going to have loads of healthy food with me at work. I go to the gym on my lunch break :smile:
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Try lifting weights. Unless you're going way over your calories, I think it's pretty reasonable to skip the cardio.

Water also makes you full, so bring a large jug to work if you can and have it between meals.

Protiens and fats also have that satiety ability. I rotate through different types of meats/vegetables and spice them up like crazy with different combos so I never get bored. Just normal ol' boring steamed vegetables makes me want to bang my head against a wall instead of eating what I should.

I have the opposite reaction. The more normal and boring something is, the more likely I am to eat it.

I always eat the same thing after exercise. A glass of soy milk and a piece of fruit. Bananas are a favorite. Easy enough to carry with you to the gym if you want to give it a try. It's about 200 calories, a good amount of protein and carbs for post-workout recovery, and very satisfying because it's loaded with water and fiber.
  • eklafont
    eklafont Posts: 5
    Options
    Actually, what I did was I went home and ate a Starkist tuna in water lunch kit (240 calories), drank 16 oz of water, jumped on my bike for a 10 mile ride in 15 minutes and then did 3 sets of kettle bell lifts with a 10lb kettle bell. If I'm exercising, I'm not overeating or eating the wrong thing. I looked that craving in the face and said SUCK IT! My arms and legs feel like jello, and currently my right bicep is spasming, but I refuse...REFUSE...to stay fat and quitting exercising and giving in to grease cravings are what have kept me overweight.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I go home and make a protien shake. Fills me up enough that I can take a shower and make a meal without falling on it like a starved beast.
  • mealinan
    mealinan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to drink 10 gulps of water before getting on the bike. I also use the breathe right strips to help with breathing/runny nose issues. After is a shake. Then if I still feel like I need something, I go from there. Hang in there, you are on the right track!