Hi! New to MFP and Couch 2 5K

Options
Hi, I just joined the site today and started a couch 2 5K program today. Is anyone else doing a program like this? The program I am doing starts with a brisk 5 min walk then alternates jogging for a minute and brisk walking for a minute and a half. I was able to do 3 minutes of jogging! I was excited! I am not much of a runner and my lungs are a little weak, but I feel like this will help me! Has anyone had success with the couch 2 5K program?

Replies

• gruythuyzen
    gruythuyzen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I to am going to start the couch 2 5k program this week! I hope you keep us up to date on your progress! Also, I know lots of people who have done this program with HUGE success!
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You should join us on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/944537-how-is-doing-c25k-lets-support-each-other

It's great motivation to see everyone's success at the different levels!

Welcome! Feel free to add me, if you'd like. :-)
  • valeriefriend
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week2 Day2 of C25K. Add me if you like.
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am also starting C25K! Good luck with your journey! :)
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    I started with couch 2 5k about four years ago. I ran my first marathon 3 weeks ago. It was a great starting poing for me. You will definitely enjoy seeing how much you can do. Good luck.
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am going to start it soon along with a weight training program. Just need to get wife's permission to buy some good running shoes. My current pair about 14-15 months old and support gone. Legs were killing me.

A lady from my small group training class at gym did C25K. Never heard of it before and she did really well. She had to repeat a week to strengthen herself a little more so it took her 10 weeks. Heard it is designed not only to build our endurance but also condition a body not used to running to the high impact reducing injury.

Thanks Mycro for that link. Will have to check it out.
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week four of c25k for the second time. I've been repeating the week if I don't feel ready to advance. I've done week 3 twice and started the whole program over so my wife could catch up. I'm in no way ready to do a full 5k, but I'm a far sight stranger than I was when I started.

Feel free to add me.
  • valeriefriend
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will probably have to repeat weeks too, as my lungs are pretty weak. I will keep you posted on how I do! Thanks for all the encouragement!
  • rufusrubarb
    Options
    Hi! I will add you. I'm terrible at running too, did couch to 5k last year and was able to run 10 mins without stopping, which is a prett great achievement for me! The I went on holiday and fell off the wagon :/ Just started again this week z
  • mkoff32
    mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Couch to 5K and keeping it under 1800 calories. I have run 3 of week 4 today. I've lost 12 pounds so far. I have never really run, in fact I despised it. This is a great program, I'm actually enjoying it!
  • aims_86
    aims_86 Posts: 74
    Options
    I did day 2 today !

Add me if you like! xx