totally addicted to crisps

Options
Hello My name is Shrub
I am new to the site and would like introduce myself, I have a addiction to crisps (potato chips) and i really wanna kick the habbit. im hoping myfittnesspal will help me monitor my diet and lead me to a healthier life style.

At the moment i ate around 20 bags of crisps a week its taken over my life!!

anyways gotta go i hear a bag of walkers calling me......... god give me strenth this is gonna be a lonnnnng mofo road ahead of me.

Over and Out , captain SHRUB :glasses:

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    im not sure if they have these in the uk (i'm guessing thats where you're from??) but Pepperidge Farms have these great baked natural cheddar cheese chips that are only like 130 calories for 30 of them! Welcome to MFP!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I'd eat chips all day every day if I could! I limit myself, though. I always weigh them and eat only one serving; if I ate them yesterday I won't eat them today, etc. I gave up my sugar addiction easier than this! Good luck to you - I guess I'd take it slow, one day at a time. You can't let chips run your life! Be in charge! I have to remind myself of that quite a bit! Good luck. :wink:
  • batelohim83
    Options
    I concur. Crisps/potato chips are very addicting. So I do two things. One, I only eat the reduced fat/fat free ones. (My opinion, Ruffles Reduced Fat and Pringles Light Fat Free are the best) and I limit myself to only one serving. I am weaning myself off. I've also discovered that what I am craving the most in these chips is the salt and the crispyness, so I am searching for substitutes that are salty and crispy. Yes I know that salt is not the best thing for me, like I said weaning myself down. LOL.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I totally know this feeling! Can take or leave chocolate but crisps I found hard.

Crisps are probably the one thing I can't trust myself to sensibly manage portions of. If I have crisps in the house I'll inevitably eat too many - so I just don't buy them... And I don't take any money to work so I can't raid the vending machine.

Try just taking it one day at a time. Tell yourself that today you won't have any crisps but you might have some tomorrow as a treat for doing well today. Then tell yourself that the next day. See if you can get to 4 days and then treat yourself to a pack.
  • shrub08
    shrub08 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Guys

I know i really do need to take it one day at a time but its hard! like my Willy when I see a bag of T Bone Steak Roysters.
    I'm going on my healthy food shop this weekend and im gonna look for low cal versions and slowly get myself off the bad boys.
    mabe take yogurts and fruit to work instead of my favorate crispy fun bags!

xxx
  • snk887
    snk887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this addiction!!!!! I have been addicted to crisps for so many years now, i am so addicted i get sometimes plan days when I will be binging on crisps!!
    However I think the advice of taking it one day at a time is great advice, each day that you dont eat crisps is a bonus!

Good luck
  • mmccrackin
    Options
    Have you tried making kale chips? It sounds so weird, but you can totally get the salty and crunchy fix and it's good! The only problem I have is they go too fast! I use sea salt.

1.Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    2.With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
    3.Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
  • sylv1979
    sylv1979 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a mega crisp fiend too, love the bad boys :)

Try and change to eating lower fat crisps to start with maybe wotsits, quavers, even multipack monster munch are around 100 cals. I now live on snack a jacks.

Hope you are in the Uk or you'll be wondering what the hell i'm on about lol.
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    I love chips too. I switch them out for cucumber slices with salt. Yum. Crunchy and salty.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Crisps are my weakness too. I don't really like any low-fat versions so I sometimes have "value" ones - the cheap, multipack ones from the supermarkets. They are about 100 calories a bag, depending on brand.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The original post was over two years ago, and no more posting by him, perhaps just forget it?
  • sylv1979
    sylv1979 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ahh never realised