I want to look amazing in my Wedding Dress!! :)

Options
I am recently engaged :) And I want to lose a few pounds, and tone so I can look amazing on my Wedding Day... June 11, 2011 :) I keep saying I'm going to start working out and watching what I eat, but it doesn't seem to actually happen... I'm ready now!!

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Congrats on your engagement!!! Seems like that wedding is perfect motivation for you to lose/tone up! :smile:
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! That's me too! Congrats! I am in the same boat! I have already picked my dress out but I don't like what size I will need to order. lol. So I am on a quest of weight loss and toning up. I'm here if you want to chat about it and or wedding stuff. :)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! That's me too! Congrats! I am in the same boat! I have already picked my dress out but I don't like what size I will need to order. lol. So I am on a quest of weight loss and toning up. I'm here if you want to chat about it and or wedding stuff. :)
  • beautyeyes01
    Options
    My wedding date is October 10th. I started watching my calorie intake back in November and I have lost 25 pounds. Somedays are harder than others but just keep thinking about how you want to look. You will think differently about food if you set your mind to it. :smile:

I was thinking the same thing you were and then I decided to have my fiance join me and we help each other.

I know you can do it, good luck!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement.....The wedding is the biggest motivation out there....you can do this!!!!

Start now....dont let December come and you still havent started.....many people regret not going the extra mile to look amazing on their wedding day......Start now and take your time, that way there is no pressure to lose the weight too fast

Goodluck
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're going to do great!
  • srgolden
    srgolden Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just keep reminding yourself why you are eating right and working out. Not just for your wedding day, but for the wonderful life you will have.

PS. Congrats on your engagement, and you picked a great day for a wedding. I'll be married 28 years on June 11, 2011.
  • kimburly
    kimburly Posts: 5
    Options
    Same here!

Except mine is closer at the end of this August.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Don't do what I have done though....in the last 2 years I have lost 50 pounds, and now my wedding is just over 3 months away and not only have I not lost the last 15 I wanted to, I gained 10 back!:sad:

Good luck, you can do it, a year is plenty of time to get on the right track.
  • jessicakate26
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! I was seriously in the same boat...I just got married on June 12th! I wanted to trim down and just tone up...and for me it was hard to start...but I am telling you...this site is amazing...it makes tracking food/calories so easy and I really did well with it! Good luck and seriously have a great time planning...the year will go by VERY quickly...enjoy every second (even the stressful ones):flowerforyou:
  • AmyDes611
    AmyDes611 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow - such GREAT support, so soon! Thanks everyone!! :) You are all making this easier already :)
  • Jellybean1970
    Jellybean1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got married June 26th and my goal was to get into my dress. And I did it! I was so proud and my day was perfect. I liked watching Bulging Brides and The Last 10 Pounds Boot Camp on Splice TV. Not sure if you would get that where you live as it is a Canadian Show. The wedding dress is a big motivator. The tough part now though is now that the wedding is over I need to maintain. It can't be just for the dress and pictures. I want it for a life time. FYI - my before was 144 pounds heavier. Congratulations and I hope your day is as perfect as mine was.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I got married June 26th and my goal was to get into my dress. And I did it! I was so proud and my day was perfect. I liked watching Bulging Brides and The Last 10 Pounds Boot Camp on Splice TV. Not sure if you would get that where you live as it is a Canadian Show. The wedding dress is a big motivator. The tough part now though is now that the wedding is over I need to maintain. It can't be just for the dress and pictures. I want it for a life time. FYI - my before was 144 pounds heavier. Congratulations and I hope your day is as perfect as mine was.

Congrats! We actually have the same wedding anniversary! We got married on the 26th of June last year!! :smile: