Color Me Rad....anyone doing/did it?

Options
Color Me Rad is coming to my city in July and I'm on track, training for it. Without training, I know I can easily walk 5 km, with absolutely no preparation. I've done 12km that way before.

So what makes the addition of color bombs so exciting????

LOL...

Replies

• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing a Color Bash 5k that's coming up in a couple of weeks. It sounds so fun but costs twice as much as the 5k I just did.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    It's a fun run, it's not even timed.

The whole point is to have fun.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one yet, but I signed from the Color me Rad in July too. :-)
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the one in July as well :)
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I ran it last year and it's a blast! I'm running it on May 4th in Syracuse and again in September in Albany, NY. Can't wait!!!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Color Vibe 5K this month
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Doing it May 18 in San Jose =)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Color Run in August, just as an excuse to hang out with one of my girlfriends that I don't see often!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I take my grandkids and they love it. They were 3 and 5 last year. I also took my two year old great niece. She ran for a mile without stopping! Its just a fun time.
    smile_zps5050b61b.jpg[/URL]
  • moetr
    moetr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the CMR in July here. And I am thinking that I finally found a use for my wedding dress (am now divorced, so no sentimental value). I just have to hem it so that I can run in it!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Its awesome lol. I did one last sunday. and had a blast! so many people and just fun. :) I think the color bombs just add extra flare :)
  • GreenStars
    GreenStars Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Run last Saturday - it was definitely fun! I also trained for it, and I did run the whole thing, but it's not necessary - the whole point is to have fun!
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    My family and I are all signed up for color me rad in June! never done anything like this but want to do it!
  • jcs0530
    jcs0530 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My Son and I are running the Color me RAD in Virginia Beach this November. First time.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My 6 year old and I did our towns version of the color run in June. It was so much fun with him.
  • Solarian_13
    Solarian_13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It was pricey, but it was a lot of fun. The fun takes your mind of the effort you're exerting. I don't regret forking out the money that first time, but I wouldn't do it again.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am doing the color me rad in Albany NY in 8 days..I am so excited and can't wait..this will be my first time doing color me rad. My sister in law is going with me and we made up a couple tee shirts with out team name. I probably won't be running it due to my knee not being able to deal with all the running but I might try to jog and walk it...=)
  • larissabates81
    larissabates81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing the color me rad in Albany NY in 8 days..I am so excited and can't wait..this will be my first time doing color me rad. My sister in law is going with me and we made up a couple tee shirts with out team name. I probably won't be running it due to my knee not being able to deal with all the running but I might try to jog and walk it...=)

I am signed up for this one in Albany as well! My friend convinced me to sign up back in July and it inspired me to start running all the time now!
  • jcs0530
    jcs0530 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ran it Sunday, Virginia Beach. Had a Blast. Will do it again.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I did one in July - it was fun! Who doesn't love whipping colored powder at their friends/family???