Make it a Habit.

Options
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -- Aristotle

Make It a Habit
Personal improvement, whether it’s weight loss or fitness, is about creating or losing a habit. It shouldn't be thought of as a short-term event. People diet until they lose 20 pounds, and then stop the smart eating and exercise strategies that got them there. Once they reach their goal, they go back to the way they lived before and wonder why the weight comes back. For permanent change, habits need to stick around for the long run. With repetition and time, a single action will seem habitual. Once it becomes a habit, it becomes part of who you are, and the transformation is complete.

Replies

• merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great quote and insight. I wholeheartedly agree!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    This is great inspiration, thank you so much! I needed that.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thanks Molly!!! That was definitely a right on time post for me. I have felt like i am lacking in the exercise department somewhat these last few days. My energy level has been down , imagine that. This post reminded me to get up and do it consistently and not to lose focus. I am going to get up and out of here now...... to exercise. thanks again!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great post. We all need a little kick in the butt to remind us how we can keep healthy in our lives. Eat well and exercise....make it a habit.
  • PamelaHoneyHuggy
    PamelaHoneyHuggy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great word and so true. We have to change one day at a time. Then it doesn't seem so hard.... Little by little..... Pamela
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Thank you, Molly. What an inspirational message, and much needed today! :flowerforyou: