stomach pain after eating

Options
Starting this past Sunday I have been having stomach pain while and after eating. It starts about ten minutes into eating and quits and hour or two later. It is pain high up in the abdomen. In the stomach area not intestines. Doesn't seem to matter what kind of food I eat. I haven't had any changes in bowel movements or urine. :blushing:

I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has had an experience like this and what is was/could be.

Thanks.

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    if it is the top right it could be your gallbladder.
  • chrispol
    chrispol Posts: 21
    Options
    I get it occasionally.. My doctor told me to write a diary and find out what food I was eating when it happened. he said I might have to cut out Gluten from my diet. (turns out I am lactose intolerant, I am too stubborn to cut it out, so I just deal with it now) Basically it is just your stomach have issues digesting your food. You could also try some digestive enzymes like Papaya supplements :)
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I was going to say gall bladder as well. I was rushed to the ER early Dec, and had mine removed immediately. It sucks, and will not go away until it's removed.... good luck!
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    if it is the top right it could be your gallbladder.

Doesn't feel like it's focused on the right.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have a stomach bug? I'd check with the doc for their thoughts :)

Hope you feel better soon!
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    I'd check with the doc for their thoughts :)

[/quote

I don't have any faith in (western med) doctors. I hope to talk to a friend that is a homiopath...
  • Betsygail
    Betsygail Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had gallbladder problems for years and didn't know that was it. When I had it my whole stomach would hurt not just the right side. When you have gallbladder problems you can have radiating pain. There were alot of times I thought I had a virus. As it got worse I actually would have the same symptoms as the flu but no fever. I'm not saying that's what's wrong with you, but I know once mine was finally removed I felt better then I had in years. I still have problems digesting red meat so I don't eat it very often.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

I don't have any faith in (western med) doctors. I hope to talk to a friend that is a homiopath...

That works too :happy:
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    Betsy,

I actually had this same feeling when I was not eating right but since I have started my eating plan I have not had any pain at all. I was feeling the same pain for a long while and finally ended up with the really bad stomach flu that was going around, this was about 3-4 weeks ago. This pain is what got me over the hump of eating healthier. I'm not sure what you are eating but since I have been eating non processed foods, fruits, vegetables and low fat protein choices I have had no pain or bloating what so ever. The pain was in the same exact area too, right near the top of the abdomen, It was killing me. Very uncomfortable. I actually thought it was Galbladder as well but it was not, I had a bad stomach flu, with high fever.
  • erinkate82
    erinkate82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am currently seeing a Gastroenterologist for the same problem, only I have had a change in my bowl movements (or lack there of). I am getting frustrated b/c he keeps recommending I increase my fiber intake... Do you have stomach pains during/after every meal? Is there a common trend in your meals that are followed by your stomach pains (ie: bread, milk, pasta, etc)?