Moms with C-sections only

Options
Hey Fellow MFPer Women who have C-section scare, I need recommentations for the "shelf" Most people I've met who've had a c-section have the "shelf" of tissue and fat right above their scare that is the hardest to tone and get rid of. My best friend and I lovingly call this the Foopa... I'm looking for the best ways to make it look better or go away?

Replies

• lilgemforgets
    Options
    lol!! If you find any tips please pass them my way!!!
  • Mrskmacca
    Mrskmacca Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My belly kind of folds over the scar, it's as though my tummy never fused back properly. If I look in th mirror and see my scar one day without lifting my belly, ill be a happy woman!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    strength training an cardio...i had a huge one after my two kiddos and its almost gone...started to get frustrated...thankfully though I can't lift it up anymore ugh...
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My belly kind of folds over the scar, it's as though my tummy never fused back properly. If I look in th mirror and see my scar one day without lifting my belly, ill be a happy woman!

See so i'm not the only one who this happens to...Its like it all accumulates there and nothing below it! drives me crazy!
  • tinkerbellmad
    tinkerbellmad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I has emergency c-section at 7months with my twins, I had read a lot about twin belly post birth! & it freaked me out... So I did some research & came across stomach binding, basically you wrap a material around your belly to keep the muscles together, as by letting it all hang out (so to speak) would encourage muscle & tissue break up & slow the process in getting pre-pregnancy belly! I also did & still do stomach exercises through out the day when I'm sucking my stomach in, & again this encourages the muscles to work & tighten!! I did my stomach binding the following day after c-section & I can honestly day I have no over hanging skin.. Not sure if this is helpful to u......
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    haha i am right there with ya sister!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • paulajed
    paulajed Posts: 21
    Options
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one.... I never had a pannis until after my c-sect- and I had children before the section. It has gotten smaller with overall weight loss- but frustratingly...still there. :(
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I did these exercises called Tupplers. I found out about this company called Mama Mio while I was browsing through a celeb magazine and it was talking about how all the celebs get their bellies back. Anyway, mainly they sell lotions and stuff and they are really good, won't deny that...just expensive. BUT with the Belly stuff I ordered, they had this set of exercises in them called Tupplers and you just do them in a chair or against a wall, or really even just driving down the road. It's sort of like a physical therapy exercise for the stomach. After the first two weeks of doing it just like it said to do, I started noticing my overhanging belly begin to pull up and before I knew it, it was center of my stomach where it should be. The goal is to get that muscle that splits apart when we're pregnant and get that thing to go back together. That's why they say it's hard for women with this issue to get results from regular ab workouts and so far, I have definitely found that to be true. I read that 30% of women who have had children have this problem. I didn't have it after my first child (natural birth), but I definitely had it after my second (C-section), not to mention I gained a LOT more weight with #2. They say women in their 70s do this exercise because it's relatively easy to do sitting down and I have to vouch for it because it worked for me too! I will say that when I first started doing them it was a bit painful...probably because my ab and core strength was extremely weak. I would imagine you could just look that up on Google and it would probably tell you how to do them. That's what worked for me, just thought I'd share.
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump... I have two boys and both were c-sections...
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    I have been pretty successful there... thighs are my issue! :-P

0131091124.jpg

004-2.jpg
  • MurallyAnn
    MurallyAnn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have the vertical incision, gave birth 2 times that way, then my final birth was vaginal . My incision after 20 years reminds me of butt cheeks. It has really gotten smaller since I lost 30 pounds and I really wonder if it will ever go away?? Any others out there with vertical incisions and how do they look now after weight loss????