Just a little success story

Options
Mandino788
Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
I've always had trouble staying within my calories. I've been aiming for 1450 a day and it was a real struggle. I also work midnights so that made it a bit trickier (the normal day is supposed to be 16 hours awake and 8 hours asleep, mine varies quite a bit from that).

I was in training at my job until November and one of my trainers was always snacking. She was eating healthy, real, unprocessed foods most of the time but I get into the habit of snacking on those 100 calorie packs. I was seriously struggling to stay within my limit because of mindless snacking. We're allowed to eat at our desks at work so it's not like I had to stay on a certain schedule.

Well I joined the beginners challenge to walk 50 miles in April. I'm already done with it, of been going on 2 and 3 hour hikes on my days off (I work 12 hour shifts so I have either 3 or 4 days off each week). I've also noticed that I don't need to snack anymore. I'm not ravenous by the next time I eat (I know it's better to have the smaller meals throughout the day but I think this way is better for me with my willpower). I'll eat dinner and still have quite a few calories left over, enough that I need to figure out something else to eat, even on days when I don't exercise.

I know this is really long but I'm just very happy. I feel like this is finally falling into place. Like this may really be the time I get it.

Oh, and you know how they say to weigh yourself in the morning before breakfast? Well I've been up since 930 last night (it's almost 6pm here) and I've been eating normal meals throughout the day. Just got on the scale...down 2 pounds since I weighed myself last, which was either Monday or Tuesday (and please don't be a killjoy about water weight lol...I'm happy).

Yay!

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    super amazing!!! glad to see you're finally hitting your stride! keep up the good work!!! :):)
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great! The beginning is always hard, you are doing awesome!
  • Soula7475
    Soula7475 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

It's crazy how mindless snacking can really do you in. That's why I love myfitnesspal...keeps you mindful of your calories and goals. Keep it up, one good choice after the next!
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    WTG! Small changes lead to big success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!