I need advice about "treat meals"

Options
Tonight I am contemplating getting Chinese food. I have been on MFP and eating right, watching my calories and carbs/sugar/sodum/fat for 7 days, being very careful with portions. I have not eaten a single thing I am not suppose to for 7 days. I gave up sugar and pop cold turkey.

I am thinking about the Chinese food because I 1/4 am craving it, 1/4 I am finding myself obsessing about restricting myself and I want to break away from that a bit, but then I 1/2 feel like I am failing by eating it.

Help? Advice?

Replies

• magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you control how much you eat, it's not a failure at all! I feel so satisfied for limiting myself to one piece of chocolate than eating healthy for weeks. Overcoming your 'fear foods' shows that you've made a huge step towards a lifestyle change!
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of anything. If I do, that's when the cravings hit and I end up on a binge. If I want pizza, I have pizza, but I make sure I only eat one serving (slice) of it.

I say order the Chinese. But then before you eat it, take a good look at how much they gave you and maybe cut it in half, or even thirds. Fill out your meal with some good fruits and veggies. Then repeat with the leftovers and you end up with more meals for your money. :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Your diet shouldn't be deprivation...fit it into your calorie and macro goal and enjoy the chinese food. Your diet should be a way of eating that is sustainable...if you're going to have chinese in your future, have it now...learn how to enjoy these things in moderation.
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself with food however I do with beer lol
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I do not have treat meals and do not deprive myself of any food I love. I eat ice cream, cookies, salt & vinegar chips...not every day, but lots of days. I just eat smaller portions and make sure I stay within my allotted calories. Works just fine for me.