Late night hunger????

Options
So I made it through the day yesterday with a great diet. However, about 8:30 I became very hungry but my calories were gone for the day. What do you do if you are really hungry with no calories left? I tried drinking water to fill me up with no luck.

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I go upstairs...away from the fridge.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i brush my teeth and floss! then nothing will taste good for hours and you will be in bed!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I try water and if that does not do the trick, then I stry to do a litter exercise. (punches, jump rope, or a brisk walk, something to get my heart rate up and I forget about being hungry....:smile:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I do crunches. If I'm watching TV and start feeling the crave, I'll do about 50 crunches every commercial break. If I'm still craving (usually this takes the hunger away, too) at the end of a show, I've earned some calories for a snack.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, very few calories and filling. Work out on the Wii to get a few more calories and then plan the snack very carefully.
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    I go to bed so i don't have to think about it til breakfast time.
  • estorms
    estorms Posts: 1
    Options
    Ah this always happens to me too. I always make sure to exercise at least a little everyday, even if it's just like going for a walk or something, because then you'll have a few more calories leftover at the end of the day. As far as late night snacking, baby carrots (about 35 cal per serving) are really good and not too many calories, or spinach (14 cal per cup) with light balsamic vinegarette (25 cal per serving) is also good. Worth a try maybe?
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I bought a few of those little bags with small carrots & sugar snap peas mixed together. When I want a late night snack, that's what I eat. The crunch seems to satisfy me, and hardly any calories - 35 for 3 oz I think.
  • jtfoster_123
    Options
    This is great advice!!! I can do crunches and brush my teeth ( which is upstairs). Combine all these ideas and my problem is solved. Thank you guys for the help :)
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    Water definitely helps. You can also have a low calorie snack (some are listed in the article below) and then do a bit more exercise to get rid of those calories. I almost always go over my calories because I work out late at night. I always know how long I need to work out for based on my calorie count up to that point.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56936
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Were you really hungry or do you think you might have just been bored? Lately this is what I do: if it's true hunger I'm feeling I have a couple of almonds or maybe half a glass of milk, even if it adds a few more calories to my intake. If I'm just bored then I'll do something to keep me busy and my mind away from food.

The carrot idea is really good too!
  • SisterofJane
    Options
    Try sugar free gelatin. It's only 5 calories! Also satisfies a sweet tooth. Our Wal-Mart carries an off-brand of 12 small containers of assorted flavors which is only about $2.50.
    I am just beginning this diet which is for improved health reasons more than weight loss. I'm hoping the late night hunger subsides after a while. Has anyone found this to be what happened when they began?:flowerforyou:
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I drink milk and then brush my teeth. Milk tends to calm my sweet tooth down enough to help me fall asleep.
  • jtfoster_123
    Options
    I was definitely hungry, my stomach was growling. I ended up drinking a diet soda and then went to bed. I dont know if this was the best thing, but I did not know what else to do.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do crunches. If I'm watching TV and start feeling the crave, I'll do about 50 crunches every commercial break. If I'm still craving (usually this takes the hunger away, too) at the end of a show, I've earned some calories for a snack.

That's a good one Dan, I'll have to remember that.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This sounds really strange, but I do 3 sets of burst training. 20 seconds of jumping jacks (as fast as you can go) followed by a 20 second break, repeat 3 times, 20 seconds of high knees (as fast as you can go) followed by 20 seconds of rest, repeat 3 times, and then 20 seconds of twists (as fast as you can) followed by 20 seconds of rest and repeat 3 times. This takes 6 minutes, gets your heart rate up, raises your metabolism and makes you forget your hungry...I'm not sure why you don't feel hungry anymore, but it works. Plus if your stomach is still growling, you've earned enough for a piece of fruit.

Give it a try, it really makes you feel good!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I chug a lot of water, brush my teeth, and go to bed.