Les Mils BODY PUMP class… anyone tried it?

Options
So I’ve been doing zumba for a while now at my gym and I plan on doing a zumba class today immediately followed by a les mils body pump class…. I'm very curvy and Im looking to gain some lean muscle somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions, or willing to share their experience with the class? I’ve read some positive and negative things, please share ! Anything helps, Thanks :)

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It's tough! But I love it and although you won't build a lot of muscle like you would from lifting very heavy you'll see some development! It's fab at fat burning, cn really change your body shape. See the instructor when you first go, they'll tell you what you need equipment wise, keep it light the first week or so and get your form right then try to increase :).
  • karmelkutie310
    karmelkutie310 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ive been spying on the class for weeks now lol and in an effort to tone up, Im excited to finally give it a try… I have googled results and a lot of the women who have completed 60 − 90 days have a lean athletic look, which I desire! The athletic look is what Im going for! Thanks a lot schnarfo !
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Any time. Add me, I do body pump twice a week - or did before I changed gyms now I'm on week 1 again lol. Good week to join tho as the new release is out so everyone will be learning the new choreography
  • mlcrruth
    mlcrruth Posts: 10
    Options
    I did this 3 times a week and ended up spraining my lower back really badly :( Loved the class though as it trimmed me up. Thinking about going at it again once a week or so once I get my lower back back in shape.
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    sorry to hear that :(, but yeah once I try it out I’ll share my experience ! Thanks :) and get well soon
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week. Although heavy lifters scoff at it, I've gotten some good results. But do start light. The pace moves along so you'll want to get your form right.
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    I do it once a week. Although heavy lifters scoff at it, I've gotten some good results. But do start light. The pace moves along so you'll want to get your form right.

great advice Im definitely starting light, thanks !
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I do les mills body combat class if your interested. :smile:
  • fatsygirl1
    fatsygirl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love pump! I have been doing it for a couple of months mainly to keep myself strong. I am not interested in bulking up and this class has been great for helping me gain some upper body strength and shape the booty! The instructors said to do it 2 times a week.
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to do Pump but I found the squat and lunge tracks really hurt my back. I think it's good if you want to get an all-round muscle workout but be careful about your technique as you can hurt yourself if you don't do things properly. I'm actually thinking about add a Pump class into my routine as all my exercise currently is cardio only.