Honeymoon weight needs to come off!

jessicakate26
jessicakate26 Posts: 54
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Ok...so I did SO WELL right before my wedding and was super happy about my weight and body! Then came the honeymoon and I definitely didnt count a single thing and I am back to starting weight...I want to trim off 9 lbs and need some major motivation right now!

Replies

• I'm worried that's going to happen to me! I'm getting married in 30 days, and we're going to Costa Rica. Plus, between now and then I've got a few showers and a bachelorette party. I'm in the DEEP South and everything we do centers around food... The bachelorette party is going to start at Susan Spicer's New Orleans restaurant, Bayona, then move to the French Quarter from there. And the showers are going to be all Mimosas and petit fours (both of which I LOVE LOVE LOVE). So I don't know how I'm going to even make it to the wedding without getting as big as a house!

Good luck!
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Oh lord... I'm scared!!! You can lose the 9lbs quick!! I'm just scared I'll gain 50lbs between all my showers, bachelorette party, and honeymoon!!
  • AmyDes611
    AmyDes611 Posts: 3
    You did it once, you can do it again!! :)
  • So the same thing happened to me after my Honeymoon. What started out as 8 or 9 pounds right after my honeymoon ended up 20 pounds!!! I didn't even lose weight for my wedding. I had maintained 117 pounds (through working out and eating right) for years and ended up 137. Yikes! I still don't know how it happened. It just creeped on slowly. Three years later I am JUST NOW down to 123--6 pounds away from my pre-wedding weight. Hopefully that will help motivate you to nip it in the bud while you've only added a few pounds! You can get that off quick if you put your mind to it! :smile:

And here's a tip. Force yourself to wear your shorts and jeans and pants that may be a little snug. I got married in early summer and wore all my little sun dresses the rest of summer so I couldn't really tell how much weight I was gaining. Then when fall came and I tried to put my jeans on I was sorely disappointed...

You can do it!
  • You're so right about wearing those clothes that are a bit too snug! I have been wearing more 'flowy' clothes and it hides it very well! I will definitely be taking that tip - thanks!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Now I am scared!!! I am getting married in October and we have a long honeymoon planned! I am struggling to lose these last 5 pounds - I don't want to regain them on my honeymoon!!! I will have to be really careful.

Marybeth - I live in the New Olreans area - so I know what you mean - the food here is rich but oh so good. I could have mimosa's and petit fours everyday!!! Cafe du monde/ Morning call is another favorite!!!

Good luck everyone~
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I stayed in "honeymoon mode" for the first 6 six months of my marriage!! I was never thin to begin with, but between the honeymoon, a trip to Puerto Rico a few months later and just generally getting too comfortable and lazy - I gained about 15 pounds. :grumble: I know I have no one to blame but myself, but I wish I had found MFP before my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.