Any fast healthy recipes?

Options
JusDoIt4
JusDoIt4 Posts: 21
I need new recipes i don't have much time in the morning but i don't want to miss breakfast any ideas?

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are awesome :) i love them keep frozen fruit just toss in blender with some spinach and tada
  • meeper123
    Options
    Smoothies are awesome :) i love them keep frozen fruit just toss in blender with some spinach and tada oh and some kind of liquid i use juice or almond milk
  • meeper123
    Options
    Ment to hit edit but ok lol
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do you need breakfast ideas? Or just in general?

Breakfast:
    - Scrambled eggs and any veggies you have (mushroom, onions, baby spinach, whatever you have in the fridge/freezer) - mix it in and make a veggie omelet.
    - Green smoothies: Here is a recipe http://helpforfitness.com.au/blogs/news/7562434-raw-green-smoothie-recipe

Lunch / Dinner
    - Meat / Veggies / Sweet Potato: You can grill a steak under 10 minutes, pop some frozen veggies in the microwave, and roast some sweet potato in the oven for 30 minutes or so. Sorry i know the roasting will take time. What i do is usually roast a whole batch of sweet potato at the start of the week so then I can have it quickly in my lunches / dinner. Just pop in the microwave for 2 minutes.
  • carolinesparkle
    carolinesparkle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch of chocolate and banana protein muffins for the freezer. I'll defrost one overnight to grab for breakfast. I found them at: http://www.homebeccanomics.com/2011/08/17/chocolate-banana-protein-muffins/
    Mine work out around 130 cals each and 4g of protein as I didn't add the nuts.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Banana Pancakes! :D

2 eggs, 2 bananas, cinnamon, an [optional] splash of vanilla extract, sea salt and maple syrup!

Mash up the bananas, skewer the eggs, mix them together with the vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon, and make pancakes like normal on a griddle or in a pan! :D They are SO good, take NO time to make and are completely free of all grains. :) I got this recipe from another MFPer and I love it so much! I'm gonna try it with organic pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices next. :)
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just bookmarked this site! It's amazing what you can find on some of these recipe sites. It makes planning meals a lot more fun!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Boil some eggs the night before and you can eat them on the go.
  • Pergatory
    Options
    I just made a couple poached eggs for breakfast. I lost most of the white because I never poached eggs before, but they still turned out nice!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwich? Thomas English Muffin, 1 egg, deli ham (usually takes about 10 minutes top to cook)--I have made these the night before and just threw in the microwave for about 30 seconds to reheat, still good.
    Scrambled egg whites with veggies
    "Frittata" --any type of baked egg dish, you can make on Sunday night then will have breakfast for a few days
    Hardboiled eggs
    protein shakes

those are what we usually have in our house
  • lolo4tim
    lolo4tim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One of my go to breakfasts is yogurt granola and berries! Try to choose a natural granola, I love Nature's Path Love Crunch, and stick to the serving size. I also choose greek yogurt.