:ohwell: I just got here about 20 minutes.. I am hoping for advice, suggestions what have you.. I am overweight for sure and just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes but figured I would beat this with diet and exercise

Replies

• rhloftis
    rhloftis Posts: 1
    You can do it! You have taken the first step, now just choose the next right step (choice), and the next, and the next...one step (choice) at a time! I have known several people who have beat diabetes with weight loss and making changes in eating habits and exercise. You can do it too!:smile:
  • Hi Midge. You have come to a great place to find suggestions, friends and plenty of others who are in the same boat. I have been here for over a year and have lost over 55 pounds. My mother and father were both insulin dependent diabetics and I knew I had to change things if I did not want to follow in their footsteps. The best advice is to remain an active member on MFP. Log everything you eat and try to exercise at least 5 days per week for 30 minutes, even if it is just walking around your neighborhood. Don't be afraid to make mistakes as we are all human and not every day can be perfect, forgive yourself when you slip and get right back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am here every day and will try to provide some encouragement along your journey. Best of luck.