I am new to this....HELP!!

Options
I am a 35 year old female that has gained a lot of weight fast and I have to lose it. I have just begun working out and I have no clue what I am doing. I can't afford a million dollar trainer. This is discouraging. It is good know that I am not alone in my struggles! Looking for some internet pen pals, maybe we can support each other!

Replies

• sjenkin6
    sjenkin6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this as well and still kinda lost but feel free to add me, I need all the friends and support I can get.
  • georgespider
    Options
    Hi ,
    There are loads of great Internet sites that have great recipes , skinny slow cooker has some really good ones : )
    Also you can sign up to fitness magazine free online and they send you a daily email with loads of great exercises that you don't need a gym for !

Hope this helps and good luck xx
  • Dinerarose
    Options
    Hi, I'm not really new, I've been on here on and off put finally decided that I need to be more committed in losing this weight, I am doing this on my own, I mainly do exercises at home using workout dvd's and walking, I just recently joined a spinning class. Please free to add me, I can give you some tips, I have the knowledge, I just haven't been as they would say "practice what you preach" so to speak.
  • Sarahsmiles0875
    Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am almost a year in..quite the roller coaster ride, but oh so worth it..feel free to add me:) Good luck either way!
  • bedoinrose
    Options
    Check out the Couch to 5k program, i also joined my local YWCA and im going this journey alone, all my friends were pumped to start but flaked on me. As far as diet i go the biggest loser food journal and just started watching what when where and how i eat. Hope this helps feel free to send me a request!!!
  • LadyKickAssington
    LadyKickAssington Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This seems like it is going to awesome! I am looking forward to mingling with you guys!!
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wealth of knowledge right here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm

PERFECT place to start. Good luck.... and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • fighttheurge39
    Options
    Feel free this one add me as well:) if we all knew everything then we wouldn't be here ;) everyone here has lots to offer. Welcome! :)
  • echangas
    echangas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    THe key is to have a friend or two to help motivate you. When you see that they logged in and they exercised, it will motivate you to do the same thing. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. MFP has totally helped me lose 19 lbs in 12 weeks! Half way to my 40 lb weight loss goal!
  • sunita1982
    Options
    Welcome...add me if your looking for support!
  • Lisamonicacarlson
    Lisamonicacarlson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well until this last week. I'm back to it tomorrow. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Perryann55
    Options
    I know what you mean, I start to lose and then I fall off the wagon and gain it back, and then I am back to square one, I hate being this heavy and it takes a lot of time and energy to eat healthy. Throwing chicken, pork chops etc into the deep fryer is so easy and inexpensive and I have never been a sweet eater so that is not one of my sins. So maybe it is the cheer leading corner I need any offers out there?
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am newer to this site. I have only been on for a couple months but I am doing really well. There are so many exercises you can do for free just by looking them up on youtube. Also since I started walking 5 days a week I am seeing better results than I was before. I am on here multiple times a day and can cheer you on and you can do the same for me if you would like.
  • LadyKickAssington
    LadyKickAssington Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the information and offer of support! It means a great deal! It is great to have help from all over!!!!!! Hope you all are doing well! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the information and offer of support! It means a great deal! It is great to have help from all over!!!!!! Hope you all are doing well! Feel free to add me if you like!

Sending you a friend request.. I can't afford a gym or trainer (but am using a 3 month gym gift right now)
    Finding apps and websites to help me.
  • krystalmunster12
    krystalmunster12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here are some great FREE workouts! Dont stress!...We dont need a trainer we can do it all at home. Hope this Helps :)
  • wingo1983
    wingo1983 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not always on but it always nice to know other people out there are dealing with the same issues. Feel free to add me, we can all encourage each other.