I'm a pescetarian looking for friends to connect with.

Options
Hi all!

I do have to say that it seems to make a big difference having a group of supporters on here! I currently live a pescetarian diet (eat mostly veggies & fish). Being that I don't eat meat I would love to get new ideas on increasing my protein intake without eating fish all the time and I would like to connect with others (vegans, vegetarians, pescetarians, meat eaters, everyone) for mutual support as I work on improving my health!

Replies

• globetrotter42
    Options
    Hi. I think I am a vegetarian - no fish. I read that we should not worry about our protein intake. Seems we get more than enough protein in so many different things. Just read the labels.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a pescetarian too! (Mostly Vegetarian, but I do love that sushi...LOL)
    I'm trying to lose 15-20Lbs, while gaining muscle. :)
  • Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It is important to get all 20 essential protogenic amino acids. If you only want to eat vegan, I would strongly suggest getting supplementation that will accomplish getting the proper protein.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian too! :) Hi!
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and fish for protein sometimes but I also eat beans and use protein powder in my shakes/omelets/meals in general. A couple of scoops do the job. :) I like this stuff called Anutra right now. Has a lot of essentials! I also add a lot of Spinach to my meals to avoid iron deficiency.
  • mnpitza
    mnpitza Posts: 6
    Options
    It's great to find other pescetarians on here! @princesselina- I, as well, want to build more muscle.
  • QuispyDragon
    Options
    I am also a pescetarian, and have been for 4 1/2 years. I don't know if this is usual of pescetarians but I do eat eggs. My biggest delema is that I am the only one in my family who is. I am always looking for new reciepes that will make all of my family happy with out having to make 2 meals. I love having the support on here, and would love to connect with some fellow pescetarians.:happy:
  • PaintedAlice
    PaintedAlice Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm another pescetarian who is new to this site. When I went to university seven years ago and got to choose what I ate, I cut out meat and have been that way ever since. No desire ever to go back! I have lots of reasons, mainly to do with the environment and animal cruelty, but also because I believe that humans can exist healthily and happily without so much meat and we owe it to the planet to cut back.

I actually became a LOT healthier and fitter with this diet change, but then I went to grad school whilst working full-time and existed off toast, cheese, biscuits and as much wine as I liked for two years: anything I wanted to eat, as long as I did well at school. I did :happy: and so now it's time to take care of the rest of my body, not just my brain.

My diary is open to my friends so please add me to keep in touch!