Help! Need Indoor Exercises with no equipment

Options
HELP! I live in Michigan and it is so rainy and wet outside that I can't get my power walking in. I don't belong to a fitness club and there isn't an indoor walking area around. I need to do some exercises inside at home, but I have no exercise equipment or videos. What do you suggest?

Replies

• bmaxwell31
    bmaxwell31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shed....I am on day 3 and love it. You can view it on you tube.
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In a situation like that I would be becoming best friends with youtube! lol. There are some really good Jillian Michaels workouts that I do on youtube. I also do a whole lot of Zumba using youtube. I can send you my youtube playlist with a bunch of Zumba workouts on it if you want:)

Other things I can think of are running up and down the stairs (if you have any), dancing, walking in place (maybe there are some Leslie Sansone- Walk at Home videos on youtube)

I hope this helps a bit!! I never go to the gym and only walk outside with my family....all of my workouts are done at home. Let me know if you want that youtube playlist and feel free to add me if you'd like:)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'd love the youtube play list - how do I get it? Thanks so much!
  • ROCKERFOREVER81
    Options
    Create your own WOD, 5 different exercises, little rest in between. When finished do rest for 3 min. Try to complete 3 rounds.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If you like yoga, this is an awesome site with many videos.

http://www.doyogawithme.com/
  • NinjaKelly
    Options
    Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Push Ups, Walking Lunges, Squats. You can use almost anything around the house for weights as well like water bottles, laundry detergent, can goods, bag of dog food, etc....
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I mostly workout at home as well. I use Youtube and fitnessblender.com
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    dancing just put on some music and there ya go lol or if u have the wii then u can play some wii sports.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba. (I use the Wii system) It was the best investment ever. My daughter and I have a great time and burn soooo many calories. Sweat sweat sweat!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Make your own workout. Do some jumping jacks, jog in place, listen to some good music that makes you feel pumped. I personally like to do ab exercises while listening to music. I do one exercise for a whole song, and then at the next song I switch to something new.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Youtube has some great things on it i like belly dancing
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    NerdFitness has some good suggestions, especially here: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Check out the website, you may find a lot of helpful stuff there. You can also go to bodybuilding.com and search for exercises that use no equipment. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/
    Just select the body part(s) you want to work and select "none" for equipment type.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w
    That's no joke.
    Insanity also!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Push Ups, Walking Lunges, Squats. You can use almost anything around the house for weights as well like water bottles, laundry detergent, can goods, bag of dog food, etc....

This... That's what I have done this past year. No gym needed
  • jamercer
    jamercer Posts: 4
    Options
    I just finished slim in 6 and really liked it! Came with a band too! Doing chalean extreme now and am loving it! Lots of free stuff on YouTube too! Hope you find what you're looking for:)
  • avocado22
    avocado22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check out some of these suggestions later on
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I LOVE The Firm videos. I had lost my favorite dvd and recently found in on Amazon. Shipped to my house it was only $10. It has 4 separate workouts and in my opinion I feel it more than the 30 day shred or Ripped in 30 and they are more fun. I like my trainers to be moving their *kitten* with me and not just wandering around talking. I also really like Billy Blanks Tae Bo. Fun fun fun :)
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Check the library for videos/Dvds or on youtube you can search for some longer workout videos for free. Oh, and Goodwill/second hand stores. I've found things there.
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The gorilla app gives you daily exercises that use your own body weight.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Bands that make her... nvm.. band training is also effective besides body weight.