Im GAINING weight!

Options
I cannot stop eating. And i don't know why.
I don't like myself very much right now. I just keep giving up.
Is anyone else having these issues or am i alone in this?

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Every has their rough days. You just need to get some self control. :)
    For me to get self control, I had to throw or give away ALL of the sweets in my house. I can't have them here, or I will eat them.

But only you can change what you are doing and get back on track. We are just here to motivate and support. The big step is up to YOU. :)
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone at all. You just have to really want change. Every time you're making a food choice, stop and really think about what you're eating and why. Don't just eat things to eat.

Eat to live instead of live to eat. :)
  • Angie1366
    Angie1366 Posts: 85
    Options
    That is why we are all here - because we have all suffered this!!! You have to get a grip and change the food you are binging on.... Maybe it is HIGH GI foods, that make you hungry, yet feel great to eat (example cake and chocolate and chips and burgers) They are high in fats.

Take charge.

You know it is wrong, because you came on here which is your first step to realisation something has to change.

Look up LOW GI Low Glyceamic Index foods, they fill you up, are more healthy, and next time you want to eat, get a bottle of water and get out, go for a long walk.

Resist.....
    Resist.....
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You keep thinking down on yourself like this and it's going to put you into a spiral from whence there is no escape. Look at it like this instead:

You're on MFP. You've got a goal. You care about yourself enough to have even made it THIS far! A lot of people would even scoff at the idea of LOOKING at MFP's website, let alone joining! It's in you right now to make this happen. You've already made the decision, now you just have to tell yourself you're going to follow through! I just posted this on another thread but try this: give the mean voice in your head that tells you you can't do this a name. Any name you want. And every time you catch that voice telling you to give up or saying you won't make it, call it by name and tell it to SHUT IT!

Don't give up. Figure out how to love yourself and then show yourself you mean it. Treat yourself the way you want other people to treat you. It's the only way to succeed.
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You have to get that stuff out of the house! I know how you feel, I had one of those days two days ago, first I weighed myself and gained a pound, then I made a cake for someone so they could taste if for their wedding, well I gave her half the cake, and then after having an argument with hubby, I ate half of the cake, all day, all I ate was cake and then popcorn, wtf:( I use to do this alot, but now only have the occasional bad day. And I am so proud of myself, I didn't let this awful day continue on. I told myself, that's it you did it, now let it go and move on. The next morning I got up and went for a walk, and got back into the swing of things. Don't let one day turn into months again, and then have the whole process start over. I'm 44, I'm done with the yoyo crap, forgive and forget. But you need to get that stuff out of the house until you can control yourself. I actually had to throw out what was left of the cake, so I couldn't eat anymore:(
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. I have gained my weight back and I can't use a pregnancy as an excuse anymore. I give up way too quickly, but I start over. I guess we will both have to keep trying.
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi, I am certain that you are not alone. There are a number of reasons why we all overeat.
    Sometimes. I ask my self. Why am I eating? Then I try to rectify the cause. Try true honesty with yourself.
    Ask yourself questions. Keep a personal journal and maybe you will see a pattern of something that is provoking you to do this to yourself. Think about what will happen to you or the people you love in your life if you continue to do this to yourself. Think about what you want from this short period of time that we have here.
    You are not alone Never quit! Keep trying. :flowerforyou:
  • nuttcase802
    Options
    I went through the roller coaster of weights after my divorce. Don't realize its time to do something until nothing in the closet fits like I did. You know most people that grab a snack isn't because they are hungry its because they are bored or lonely. There are good people on here to help you through the rough days.

Hang in there and good luck with your dieting

Joe
  • landerson71
    Options
    Everyone is right- you need to throw all the junk and temptation away.. you need to look up some healthy dishes that you like the sound of and enjoy making and eating them- i think this is really important to keep you motivated- it is for me anyway!

When i think i am close to going to the shop for chocolate and crisps i go to the long length mirror and look at my stomach (my biggest hang up) and go downstairs and make something healthy if i still want to eat something!

Try planning meals in advance and like someone commented before eating Low GI foods is a great idea.

Only you can do this but if others (especially me) have the motivation and can do it anyone can!!!

Pick yourself up and do this! :)
  • landerson71
    Options
    i also find keeping busy keeps my mind off eating and you dont have the time to do it a lot!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You have to get that stuff out of the house! I know how you feel, I had one of those days two days ago, first I weighed myself and gained a pound, then I made a cake for someone so they could taste if for their wedding, well I gave her half the cake, and then after having an argument with hubby, I ate half of the cake, all day, all I ate was cake and then popcorn, wtf:( I use to do this alot, but now only have the occasional bad day. And I am so proud of myself, I didn't let this awful day continue on. I told myself, that's it you did it, now let it go and move on. The next morning I got up and went for a walk, and got back into the swing of things. Don't let one day turn into months again, and then have the whole process start over. I'm 44, I'm done with the yoyo crap, forgive and forget. But you need to get that stuff out of the house until you can control yourself. I actually had to throw out what was left of the cake, so I couldn't eat anymore:(

love this advice.. for me though personally having nothing sweet in the house makes me more crazy... the biggest thing to wt loss is PORTION CONTROL.. so maybe buy individually portioned items or fun size candy??? idk i say moderation vs deprivaton.. what works for me anyway
  • shonar68
    shonar68 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was the same as you, always snacking all day, but never really anything substantial, I am now ensuring that I have a good breakfast within 30 mins of waking up and have split my day into 6, meal, snack, meal, snack, meal snack, this way I am able to eat regularly. I have really noticed the difference. If i missed breakfast I would snack all day, now (although sometimes I clock watch haha) I wait until it is my snack time. Try and get yourself into some kind of routine. Maintaining your food diary really helps as you have to log what you eat. Try build up a list of low cal snacks that wont make a huge difference when eaten between meals ie if you fancy a bar of chocolate, cadburys 260 calories per par swap instead for a weight watchers hot chocolate drink 40 calories. It is hard to get started, but once started, it gets easier, good luck, feel free to add me I have just started MFP this week (again lol)