Ripped in 30 + Cardio Regimen - result pics!

Options
Hi guys! I’m 24 years old and gained a lot of weight as a stress-eater during college and my first years of grad school. Now with Ph.D. candidacy exams and coursework finally behind me, I’ve been able to start navigating the work-life balance again this year, and life has been getting much better. Since December 2012, I’ve been working hard to phase out my reliance on food as a coping mechanism and start exercising regularly again. I started at 202 pounds and got down to 190 without trying too hard, and I lingered there for a while until March. For some reason, that was when a switch flipped and I went into super-lifestyle change mode!

March 7th – April 7th:

Each week (for 6 days/week), I did one of the four levels of Ripped in 30, along with 30 minutes on the elliptical afterwards (hill programs). On Saturdays, I took a break from the video and the elliptical and just went on a jog instead (starting with 1.5mi on the first weekend and ending up with 4.25mi on the fourth weekend).

I typically burned ~550 calories per workout (video + elliptical), and I usually ate back half of those calories. Ultimately, I ended up with a ~350-calorie deficit each day (relative to the calorie goal MFP gave me), and I loosely worked on cutting down sugars (was less successful with cutting carbs, but stayed in calorie goals). Still a work in progress, but feeling amazing and off to a great start!

Height = 5’ 9’’

SW = 202 pounds (got down to 187lbs prior to Ripped in 30)

Weight = 187lbs to 176lbs (-11 pounds) (BMI = 28.4 to 26.8), from March 7th to April 7th

Body fat % = 31% to 28% (-3%)

Jeans size = US size 14/16 to US size 12

Upper arm = 13.8’’ to 13.0’’ (-0.8 inches)

Chest = 41.3’’ to 37.4’’ (-3.9 inches)

Waist = 34.6’’ to 31.5’’ (-3.1 inches)

Hips = 40.5’’ to 39.0’’ (-1.5 inches)

Thigh= 28.3’’ to 26.0’’ (-2.3 inches)

bajklfad.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!