How much is 5kg worth?

Options
Alatariel75
Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
Well, my wedding dress went in today for alterations before the wedding in 3.5 weeks. When I took it in 2 months ago to quote, it was a little too tight and with everything I'm having done (extensive alterations, building in a 4 layer underskirt etc etc) the quote was $700.

Thant's fine, it's my wedding dress.

Took it in today to get pinned and so they could get a start. I've lost 5kg since they saw it last, it is no longer too tight and my quote is now $400!!!

5kg = $300!

Thrilled! This just paid for one of our Grand Canyon tours :) Makes me think i should start putting away some $$ for every kg I lose!

Replies

• tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Well that's a pretty huge double NSV right there! Congrats!!
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats...Its a huge NSV!! You have done great...I am so happy for your...More shopping or traveling with your husband!!:flowerforyou:
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Im getting married in September and Im holding out till the very last minute to get my dress hoping to loose 14lbs in the next 10 weeks!! eeek! x
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, well done!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in september, but I don't have the dress yet. I am going to start searching for one soon, but first lear how to maintain so I don't have to alter it.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I had heard taking it out is the most expensive thing. That's great. :)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I'm pretty thrilled :)

My wedding is in september, but I don't have the dress yet. I am going to start searching for one soon, but first lear how to maintain so I don't have to alter it.

My dress was always going to need altering, it isn't a traditional wedding dress and I bought it online with the full intention of having it used as the base to make the exact dress I wanted. Hence the major alterations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!