Green tea - who drinks it?

Options
AnJulNZ
AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
Just curious about green tea. I've read it's great for weight loss endeavours and I really need a replacement for the coffee I have given up.

I despise traditional tea - growing up my mum drank about 50 cups a day, and I had to make most of them, ugh ick ick.

So is green tea like traditional tea tastewise/aroma-wise? Or is it very different?

Who has tried it - and liked it or hated it?

Replies

• slamina
    slamina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea but it is quite bitter until you get used to it. Try white tea (not tea with milk, proper white tea!) same health options but milder taste. It's my favourite.

Both taste very different to normal black tea but do take a bit of getting used to.

Start by not leaving the tea bag in too long then not such a strong taste. I love the taste of them so much now that I leave the tea bag in the cup until I've drunk it :smile:
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I also gave up coffee and started drinking green tea. Just make sure you don't leave the tea bag in for too long or it will taste bad. I'm not a fan of its taste, but I got used to it. I prefer the simple one because it has less artificial stuff in it.
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Try Green tea with Jasmin, if find that has a better taste than plain green tea. It can take a bit of getting used to the taste and I agree with Slamina about not leaving the tea bag in for too long as it can get very strong.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love green tea. It took me awhile to get used to the taste, but now I love it! My other favorites are Peppermint rose and chamomile :)
  • helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea, but prefer the flavoured ones, Lemon green tea is the best. I do find that it helps with weight loss, but not sure if its just the fact that I am drinking more.

It is certainly worth a go. I does not taste like black tea at all.

Herbal teas are good as well!
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Tea but I have it very weak (and I have a v. particular method of making it - OCD, moi??!)
    My fave at the moment is Green tea with peppermint. 0 calories too.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    me

everyday in the morning before going to gym
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I adore Chia green tea - it smalls like christmas morning and gives you that yummy chia tastes with all the great health benefits
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I avoid caffeine. Try peppermint tea, it doesn't need any sugar, is very aromatic and caffeine-free!
  • Debmeale56
    Options
    Try mint green tea tastes far better:smile:
  • marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee and now only drink green tea. it has taken a while to get use to the taste but I love it.I use to suffer with a bloated tummy and bad headaches but now I do not seem too.
  • lakishamcquany
    lakishamcquany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Some days I drink silly amounts of green tea!
  • scrabblemouse
    Options
    With green tea I can take it or leave it. I find it a bit bland to be honest. I prefer the ones with flavouring such as lemon or jasmine.

I never liked herbal/fruit teas much but wanted to try them as I drink far too much tea and coffee. I've recently found Twinings Lemon tea which is delicious :)
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of white tea, I've just got some white tea with lemon and its delicious. Plus white tea has more antioxidant and anti-freeradical qualities than green or black tea because there is less processing of the leaves so really white tea is the best for you. However there is still caffeine in teas so if u want to cut that out you're best going for herbal teas of which there are loads to choose from. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when I get to try a new tea. Sad I know lol
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options

I despise traditional tea - growing up my mum drank about 50 cups a day, and I had to make most of them, ugh ick ick.

Are you me? lol. To answer your question though, I drink green tea now although I still don't drink traditional tea in any form. I don't dislike it is about the best thing I can say, but it tastes better than other tea. I'm getting used to it now. Nothing to lose by trying it!
  • anubhavsharma18
    anubhavsharma18 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of Green Tea in Honey Ginger flavour. It increases fat oxidation which makes it easier for your body to burn fat if it requires energy.
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chanui Jasmine green tea is good.

If you find it bitter you can add half a teaspoon of stevia or sugar.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    love it, i mix it up with mint, cranberry, etc.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I drink salada green tea and add honey or truvia. I also drink Arizona green tea that has ginsing and honey, comes in a can. The salada is regular tea bags so its 0 calories, the Arizona is 100 calories and has 25g of sugar but its so good!
  • kiwi2006
    kiwi2006 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love green tea , I have about 3 or 4 cups a day and have a little baggy in my bag too so if I'm at friends houses I have it with me. I've been drinking it with lemon in it which helps with the taste :)