abs

Options
I lost three pounds already. I would like to workout my abs more then anything else. I need that. What is the best way to make your abs get the six pack?....My thighs need some work too. I have clothes that i want to fit in during the summer.

Replies

• christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Planking is good though for muscle definition you need repetitions.

I'm also doing a hula hooping class which is brilliant for toning core muscles.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Working them wont get you a 6 pack. You just need to get your fat low enough so they show.
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    what is the best workout for lowering your fat?
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    IF U WRK EM 2 MUCH W/O CARDIO UR STOMACH WILL JUX STICK OUT MORE & U WILL WONDER WAT DA HELL HAPPENED.WHILE U STRENGTHENING UR ABS W/O CUTTING DA FAT UR JUX PUSHING DAT FAT OUT FARTHER. FAT GROWS OVER MUSCLE SO WELL U GET DA PICTURE.........
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING (HIIT)
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    what is the best workout for lowering your fat?

Eating less
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    IF U WRK EM 2 MUCH W/O CARDIO UR STOMACH WILL JUX STICK OUT MORE & U WILL WONDER WAT DA HELL HAPPENED.WHILE U STRENGTHENING UR ABS W/O CUTTING DA FAT UR JUX PUSHING DAT FAT OUT FARTHER. FAT GROWS OVER MUSCLE SO WELL U GET DA PICTURE.........

I do my cardio with Billy Blanks. I sweat everytime. I love his cardio. I got hurt yesterday on my back. I don't want to not workout becasue of my back. What can I do now?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster who said you must eat at a calorie deficit. That is the ONLY way to reduce body fat. Exercising your abs will make them stronger, NOT leaner. Of course I think you should do both to look fab when you are nekkid, but seriously, you have to lose the fat by eating at a moderate calorie deficit or no amount of exercising will do you any good for your goal.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I do my cardio with Billy Blanks. I sweat everytime. I love his cardio. I got hurt yesterday on my back. I don't want to not workout becasue of my back. What can I do now?

I know it sucks to not work out when you have goals in mind, but you need to heal if you are hurt. Pushing yourself while you are hurt and stop your progress by causing more pain and injury. Just keep eating at a moderate calorie deficit until you are healed, and then exercise + deficit to reach goal faster. But don't overdo it when you are not feeling 100%.
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    thank you sweetie I appreciate it.....I can walk around but I can't really bend that much.