Lemon Cumumber Mint Water?

Options
I seen this "detox" drink on pintrest and it just say to make a galon of water add the iteams and it will be good. Any one else dink this?

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Detox is a myth.
  • Soxiez
    Soxiez Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the whole detox debate, that sounds really nice! Tempted to give that a go for a nice refreshing summer drink, do you have the recipe link? Or do you literally plonk cucumbers etc in water? I feel like I'm being a tad dense but something tells me you don't just plonk them in. This could either be delicious or go terribly wrong haha
  • Pe0ny
    Pe0ny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a drink from "The Flat Belly" diet book. It's supposed to get rid of bloating and gas to make your stomach flatter. I don't think detoxing is a myth. I do think exercising and drinking plenty of water is the best way to "detox." Good luck doty0815 whatever you decide. Ultimately, we do what works for us and makes us feel good as individuals.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This will not work to detox your body. Detox IS a myth. What toxins does pinterest say this will eliminate from your body?? Not sure I would personally be taking weightloss/nutrition type edavice from pinterest, but maybe that's just me.

However, as a way to enjoy some healthy flavored water without sugar and chemicals in it, this is definitely an enjoyable way to go. I love cucumber mint infused water. I have never added lemon, but I am sure that would add a nice taste to it as well. I also enjoy orange infused water and berry infused water. Cut up the fruits, put in a pitcher. Fill with water and put in the fridge. Enjoy!
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes, that and apple cinnamon water is delicious too. I drink them not to "detox" (which is questionable at best) but to change up all of my water drinking. Plus it helps stave off hunger for me because it's flavored. Green tea helps me in this way too :)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the whole detox debate, that sounds really nice! Tempted to give that a go for a nice refreshing summer drink, do you have the recipe link? Or do you literally plonk cucumbers etc in water? I feel like I'm being a tad dense but something tells me you don't just plonk them in. This could either be delicious or go terribly wrong haha

In one pitcher of water, "Plonk" some slices of cucumber and some mint leaves. Leave in the fridge at least 6 hours so the flavors can infuse into the water. VERY refreshing.

BTW.... LOVE the word plonk!
  • Soxiez
    Options
    However, as a way to enjoy some healthy flavored water without sugar and chemicals in it, this is definitely an enjoyable way to go. I love cucumber mint infused water. I have never added lemon, but I am sure that would add a nice taste to it as well. I also enjoy orange infused water and berry infused water. Cut up the fruits, put in a pitcher. Fill with water and put in the fridge. Enjoy!

So you literally just cut up the ingredients and allow the flavours to seep into the water? Fabulous :) Off to try it now!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options

However, as a way to enjoy some healthy flavored water without sugar and chemicals in it, this is definitely an enjoyable way to go.

Yep, it will just help keep you hydrated which is good. Just enjoy it.
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't kid myself that this is a detox drink, but OMG Its delicious. I start making this in the spring and continue all summer. SUPER refreshing and delicious. I do a cucumber, half a lemon, and several mint leaves and let it hang out in the fridge overnight before straining it into another pitcher.
  • Soxiez
    Options

In one pitcher of water, "Plonk" some slices of cucumber and some mint leaves. Leave in the fridge at least 6 hours so the flavors can infuse into the water. VERY refreshing.

BTW.... LOVE the word plonk!

Oops sorry just saw your post! Thank you very much for the explanation, no idea why I'd never thought of this before! Excited to see how it tastes. Hahaha, plonk is a very underrated word :)
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I drank this not as a "detox" but as a way to help me completely cut out soda and up my water intake. It's really refreshing and helps you to remember to drink water, which decreases bloat! I'd say give it a go!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I drink it all day every day (I also add ginger to mine). Detox, schmetox – it tastes light and refreshing and is a great change from plain water.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    The flat belly water you also add grated ginger to it. I love fruit/herb water.
  • doty0815
    doty0815 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks I wasnt sure about the "detox" but just as a good think to dink I like the change up from plain water so Im gonna give it a try.

1/2 thin sliced cumcumber
    1/2 thin sliced lemon
    few mint leaves
    gallon of water
    add all and let sit over night.

I figured it would be like added berries to water so maybe the "detox" is to get you to drink more and that will help you in the end.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Detox is a myth.

you're a myth /sticks out tongue /runs away
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Thanks I wasnt sure about the "detox" but just as a good think to dink I like the change up from plain water so Im gonna give it a try.

1/2 thin sliced cumcumber
    1/2 thin sliced lemon
    few mint leaves
    gallon of water
    add all and let sit over night.

I figured it would be like added berries to water so maybe the "detox" is to get you to drink more and that will help you in the end.

I love it with a small/ medium cucumber sliced thin and mint leaves, so refreshing. Enjoy!