Please join me to motivate and make new friends

Options
Hi my name is Julie. I am looking to lose, oh say around 40 pounds or more. I never have been one to have much energy
or motivation, but thats all about to change. Well you know I am like everyone else that is over weight. There really IS a
skinny chick living inside of me screaming to get out, and I am done shutting her up with chocolate, or what ever else
I was always able to get a hold of. I am ready once and for all to let her find her way out. So please come join me and add
me as your friend so we can do this together and keep eachother motivated and on track. Looking forward to a new life style and new friends. I started a few weeks ago and lost 7 pounds and that was enough to get me up off my butt and keep going. Who's with me???

Replies

• helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi

I also have about 40lbs to lose, have been trying but keep losing and putting back on the same 7lb!

Maybe we could help each other?
  • beachgirl1969
    beachgirl1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Julie,
    That is a great start and starting is half of the battle as you know. I have been on and off trying to lose weight my whole life but in the last year I have been able to lose 42 pounds with the on and off pattern. I really need to just stick with it, so I can lose the rest of the 90 pounds I want to take off. I have joined Planet Fitness I love to work out, which I thought I would never say. My problem is with sweets I can look at a candy bar and gain weight. I have decided to take it one day at a time if I can get through today with documenting everything I eat I would be happy.

I wish us both to have continued motivation and to be able to see the goal at the end.

Jennifer
  • Sharoncreakingknees
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I had lost a stone, but lifes little ups and downs, a lot of downs really, have left me with it all back!

It is hard to start, you really have to have your head in the right place, but once started, you will get such a boost from looking good and reaching your goals.

I have more than a 100lbs to loose and I know it will be tough sometimes, but I have now to be selfish and look after myself.

Good Luck to everyone, you are all winners, because you have made the decision to help your selves!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I have 23(ish) pounds to go to get to my goal weight :smile:
  • cliocat267
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I have just lost a stone and a few pounds and I've got a long way to go(another 3 stone to lose) I would really do my best to help anyone who is struggerling or just down so feel free to add me. :smile:
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request! I find it's better to have friends to help support/motivate you!! :)
  • jewl3
    jewl3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Helen very nice to meet you hun. So glad we can support eachother
  • jewl3
    Options
    Thanks for the add farmgirl . I am looking forward in supporting eachother
  • jewl3
    Options
    Thank you sassymom for your support and motivation. So glad to meet you