Multivitamins/Supplements

Options
Anyone taking multivitamins or supplements? They are great add on to your nutrition!! Organic are the best because they can fill in the gaps that your diet may be missing, especially with the quality of food we have these days! It's important to look at the type of vitamins you are taking because most are synthetic and don't really even work because they never fully absorb into the bloodstream......what do you all take? :)

Replies

• Otchcake
    Otchcake Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes! I feel better when I take a multi. I am currently taking GNC's Women's Ultra Mega. What are some good organic ones you recommend?
  • Otchcake
    Otchcake Posts: 11
    Options
    BTW your abs look fantastic!!
  • GettinIT6
    GettinIT6 Posts: 44
    Options
    HEY! I take a woman's pack! It is awesome because it includes 4 vitmains in a little packet so it's extremely convenient:) It includes a multivitamin, a cal mag d (calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D), an omega 3 (fish oil), and a skin, hair, and nails!!! I love it! The first time I took it I forgot to take it with food and I felt so quesy since it's organic and dissolves in your bloodstream right away!! It's from the nutrition company nutrilite! I actually work with the company now since I tried teh products and love them!! Let me know if you want to check them out! I have felt such a change!

• LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I take GNC Be-Hot turbopak.

It has 5 pills in total.

I don't take two of them (red pills) because they make you a bit speedy. The other have vitamins and fatty acids and one is a thermogenic.

I also take a b12 shot once a month, and 2000 IU of Vitamin D daily.. ( Doctor said I was dangerously Low, so I take one 50000 IU twice a month.)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I take the GNC's Women's Ultra Mega along with 500 mg of magnesium (for headaches), and recently some omega stuff. And when I'm having trouble getting my calcium I take some calcium chews.
  • GettinIT6
    GettinIT6 Posts: 44
    Options
    B12 shot? crazy I drink "energy" drinks lol they are actually health drinks that are amazing!! In three 8 oz cans it has as much B12 as in a shot!!
  • LadyThanata
    Options
    B12 shot? crazy I drink "energy" drinks lol they are actually health drinks that are amazing!! In three 8 oz cans it has as much B12 as in a shot!!

Really? I've never drank these before. Which one has the best taste in your opinion?
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Here's my list:

Fish Oil x2 /day

Liquid multivitamin 2 Tbsp /day (because I don't like the huge pill and I want to absorb all the good stuff. can't do that with a huge pill)

Pearl Probiotic x1 /day (I like this one because it's small and has a coating that allows to to pass through my stomach and dissolve in my intestines, where it should)

Citrical + D3 x1/ day(because I don't feel as though I'm getting enough calcium. I cut down on my cow's milk and replaced it with almond milk)

Turmeric x1 /day (because I heard turmeric curcumin is good for you, but I don't make many dishes that call for it)

I used to take garlic and cinnamon, but I tend to eat those in my meals now... just not daily.

P.S. I'm looking for friends for extra motivation! Food diary critics are welcome. I hate getting stuck in a meal plan rut and I'm always looking for ways to improve or perfect my regimen. :flowerforyou:
  • sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    The only vitamin I take is a B complex since I eat mostly vegan and that is something many vegetarian/vegans are lacking. In the winter sometimes I have to take a D3 also but that's it. I think you can get most of what you need from your food if you eat right...I know, age old argument here. I do take garcinia cambogia for a weight loss boost and drink tart cherry juice before bed which I swear to God, helps me sleep :)
  • LadyThanata
    Options
    The only vitamin I take is a B complex since I eat mostly vegan and that is something many vegetarian/vegans are lacking. In the winter sometimes I have to take a D3 also but that's it. I think you can get most of what you need from your food if you eat right...I know, age old argument here. I do take garcinia cambogia for a weight loss boost and drink tart cherry juice before bed which I swear to God, helps me sleep :)

So, I watched Dr OZ, and I bought the Swanson Super Citri Max... for the Garcinia... and I took it once before a meal (2 ) and it made my belly cramp and feel bloated.

You don't have that issue? And has it helped?

I actually put the pills aside and haven't attempted it again since.
  • sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    Wow, no I haven't had that problem at all. I take just the plan garcinia though so maybe you're reacting with something else in what you're taking. I've been taking it for about 2 months and it really seems to help especially when I kept blowing my knee out and couldn't work out. I know it could be mental but even when I was laid up and not eating my best, I still dropped at a slow but steady rate.
    I tried a couple different ones (they aren't cheap) and found one on Amazon that I like and have had no problems with. I can look up which one it is if you're interested, just let me know!